Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

########THURSDAY MORNING THREAD########

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning kiddies

First full day of my forced vacation from the land of caterpillar Aurora IL. my employer. Seems because over the years as they keep consolidating facilities and then moving our Cab production to Mexico we have been having on time shipment issues for our build. So their perfect idea to weather this storm is to force us off until Tuesday May 16th. and hopefully they can get caught up on Cab production to send to us and we can get back to work on our already past due orders. Oh and by the way the Aurora IL. facility is scheduled to close full production by the end of 2018 anyway. Because it's other one of those well thought out consolidations that seems to be working so well for them.

We have in the contract (our new one just agreed to in March of this year) that we'll be paid the equivalent of 4 hours pay for each day were are off do to things like this. But the company told all of the effected parties they will not get paid for this time off unless they take a vacation day, or a personal day. Now granted taking those pays more, but is clearly a violation of the new contract to have to use our earned time to make up for their short-comings in managing their operations. Thus the union has filed a group grievance and is ready to take it all the way to arbitration if needed.

Sorry for the wrong read.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon all. Well, Jayme and I are officially home owners. We closed on the house yesterday afternoon. Spent the evening cleaning and moving some stuff in. Gonna be a bit before we are fully in the house. My cousin graduates high school this weekend so we will be busy with that

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Congrats on the new house [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] we'll need some pictures of the other party involved in the purchase of this, oh yeah you can post pictures of the house too.. :D :D :D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
20170509_170358_zpsqsfldfbc.jpg

Don't know why this is side-ways it's not like that in photo Bucket

Mail day from Monday I was in a NT Basketball break with Breaker Big Texas Boxbreaks and had the Raptors and the Lakers

I did OK I guess

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Congrats on the new house [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] we'll need some pictures of the other party involved in the purchase of this, oh yeah you can post pictures of the house too.. :D :D :D

Afternoon, men.

Pine Tar, good luck with the grievance!

clarkzac, congrats on making it official!

Afternoon all. Congrats clarkzac - home ownership is big!

Today is my 15th Wedding Anniversary. Only person I've been in a relationship longer with is Mark Grace :)
Thanks guys. Definitely a huge milestone in our lives. Gonna be awhile before the basement is done. Have a lot that I wanna hang up down there.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good afternoon all. Well, Jayme and I are officially home owners. We closed on the house yesterday afternoon. Spent the evening cleaning and moving some stuff in. Gonna be a bit before we are fully in the house. My cousin graduates high school this weekend so we will be busy with that

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online