Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Access to OLD ebay auctions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
First, forgive me. I'm not technologically inclined. I don't remember all the apps/sites that do different cool things. lol

I do remember there is a place where you can search old ebay auctions.

Can someone point me in the direction of the seller who last listed a 2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractor 1/1 Steven Wright? It was a little less than a year ago.

Thanks!

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
eBay offers Terapeak analytical software to sellers(at cost) now, so I would imagine they offer a more comprehensive data set than worthpoint. This is just conjecture and not first-hand experience, however. I'm a dude that cuts his own hair, so I'm not paying for a subscription to a website that does not offer naked lady photos.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
The best one I found that is free is ListingsHistory.com
You have to make a username and password but that's it and they won't spam you. Worked pretty well for me last month tracking down a '98 Griffey CC Instant Winner card that was listed last fall. Hope that helps!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
You have to make a username and password but that's it and they won't spam you. Worked pretty well for me last month tracking down a '98 Griffey CC Instant Winner card that was listed last fall. Hope that helps!

So helpful. Thank you so much guys!

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

maybe i'm just unlucky , but i couldn't get any useful results....specifically i was trying to locate any one of the handful of items i sold between last summer and this january and literally NONE of them would show up even when i had the exact title.....any ideas ?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
If you sold it, you should have that info in you email from eBay.

i dont need to see the sales info - i can get that in at LEAST two places online and one more offline with no problem.....i need to see the ACTUAL LISTING so i can retrieve my listing template....one side effect of my fire was losing my home computer that had all my images and templates saved on it.....seeing a number by the "unsold" tab on my ebay home page , i thought i still had a few days left before my unsold and archived items were purged from their database....unfortunately i was mistaken and when i sat down earlier this week to do some relisting i found that i have absolutely ZERO items available to view....i figured i could easily retrieve them from the turbolister , but when i tried that i learned that ebay no longer supports that tool so the items and templates i had there were also not accessible....

last night i specifically searched by both title and item number on multiple sites (listingshistory , sortsof , watchcount , and one other whose name i forget) for every item i've sold in the past 18 months plus a handful of other items i know went unsold in january and literally every search returned no results on ANY site....

as such , i would still like to find some way to locate even ONE of my old listings , though at this time i have no time to look for other alternatives....

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
i dont need to see the sales info - i can get that in at LEAST two places online and one more offline with no problem.....i need to see the ACTUAL LISTING so i can retrieve my listing template....one side effect of my fire was losing my home computer that had all my images and templates saved on it.....seeing a number by the "unsold" tab on my ebay home page , i thought i still had a few days left before my unsold and archived items were purged from their database....unfortunately i was mistaken and when i sat down earlier this week to do some relisting i found that i have absolutely ZERO items available to view....i figured i could easily retrieve them from the turbolister , but when i tried that i learned that ebay no longer supports that tool so the items and templates i had there were also not accessible....

last night i specifically searched by both title and item number on multiple sites (listingshistory , sortsof , watchcount , and one other whose name i forget) for every item i've sold in the past 18 months plus a handful of other items i know went unsold in january and literally every search returned no results on ANY site....

as such , i would still like to find some way to locate even ONE of my old listings , though at this time i have no time to look for other alternatives....

Check your old e-mails for old auctions..

I have e-mails from the 90's :)

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Check your old e-mails for old auctions..

I have e-mails from the 90's :)

as i just said , i have all those - going back to 2001 myself in fact ....the e-mails include the item TITLE and image (and sales data whenever applicable) , but NOT the full listing (which is what i need to see since it contains my full template)....if the e-mails contained the full item description i would have no problems ; however , since they only have a link to the item (that is no longer in their database) , i CAN NOT retrieve what i need either from ebay or via any e-mail FROM ebay....

any other ideas based on the circumstances i actually described ?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
First, forgive me. I'm not technologically inclined. I don't remember all the apps/sites that do different cool things. lol

I do remember there is a place where you can search old ebay auctions.

Can someone point me in the direction of the seller who last listed a 2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractor 1/1 Steven Wright? It was a little less than a year ago.

Thanks!

I just checked worthpoint for you, its not in there. If it was only listed and did not sell, it wont show up in worthpoint.
However worthpoint is not foolproof either, but I searched Steven Wright Red Refractor Sterling with no hits.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
@game****fanatic I understand now. Try PicClick. It's a POS eBay scraper, but it may have something that can help you. https://picclick.com/

Try this URL also:
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=YOUR_ITEM_NUMBER_HERE

The above URL actually works to give completed listing prices on best offers, and seems to work for some older auctions.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
@game****fanatic I understand now. Try PicClick. It's a POS eBay scraper, but it may have something that can help you. https://picclick.com/

Try this URL also:
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=YOUR_ITEM_NUMBER_HERE

The above URL actually works to give completed listing prices on best offers, and seems to work for some older auctions.

thanks a million....

had to go through a good handful of old items , but the url finally worked for a listing from about a year ago....i find it odd that it worked on one that old but none from the past 6 months....

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
thanks a million....

had to go through a good handful of old items , but the url finally worked for a listing from about a year ago....i find it odd that it worked on one that old but none from the past 6 months....

Nice! So glad that worked. You're right, that URL does give inconsistent results. But when it works, it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts