Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice needed on Superfractor Prospect card I hit in a break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I don't have the card in hand but it has been shipped. I hit a Gavin Lux Superfractor auto in a 2016 Bowman's Best case break. I actually just bought the Dodgers to help fill the break. Anyhow I also got the green version of his auto card as well as the base auto. Also got a Urias green auto in the same break.

While I have never owned a Super I have to be honest I don't think I will be keeping the card. It's cool and all but I would rather sell it to have more funds to buy more cards I'd care more about. So I guess my question is how should I sell it? I was considering having it graded if it looks good and I think it will add enough value to justify it. If I do have it graded should I use Beckett? While I'm not a fan of them for grading and I always use PSA it looks like these types of cards sell well in a Beckett holder.

So would you sell it raw? Graded? Beckett or PSA ? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I don't prospect at all but personally I hate graded 1/1s. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and hopefully you get a nice price for it.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
From Fangraphs:

Scouting Report
Lux was one of several high profile Arizona State commits who won’t end up making it to campus, as the Wisconsin prep shortstop’s glove buoyed his stock into the first round. Lux was one of the few amateurs available in the 2016 draft who projected to play shortstop at the next level. He has sound fundamental actions for his age and geographical background, above-average range, admirable but unspectacular body control, and his arm could be plus when he reaches physical maturity. His defensive footwork, especially on balls in on the grass, is especially advanced. He projects as an above-average defensive shortstop at peak.

He’s slightly built, has very little raw power and, while they loved his glove and makeup, some amateur scouts were concerned Lux wouldn’t hit enough to crack an everyday lineup as a big leaguer. But Lux began hitting more consistently later in the spring of his senior year and quelled those concerns. He has fringe-average bat speed and a ground-ball bat path, but the wrists are loose and strong and the hand-eye coordination is good. I think Lux will have an average hit tool at peak and produce 30 game power. Pitchers at upper levels will probably challenge him with impunity because of the lack of power, and that may limit Lux’s ability to get on base. He projects as an eight-hole hitter with a good glove at a premium position.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Grading a super adds no value. Only reason I would have it graded if I owned it is to make it uniform with the rest of the rainbow. If you just plan on selling it I wouldn't waste money on grading

Members online