Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for some selling advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Ladies and gents. I'm going to sell some sets. I have some heritage sets complete with sps and 2014 has the action variations. My question is does anyone think I might be better off grading some of the actions of bigger names and selling then individually? PSA or BGS for those? I've seen some well graded ones sell pretty high. Also because of shipping is eBay a bad way to go about selling sets?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If you want to sell as complete sets, don't grade unless you have the really super-rare SSPs, throwback unis and such. I, for one, hate having a complete set with a handful graded because keeping them in a box or binder with a handful of slabs is a gpita. Also, it's probably unlikely to really add net dollars to your sale unless they are BGS 10s. Individual cards could be worth grading, though. PSA has set registries going for every year's Heritage set except 2017, and at least a few of them seem competitive, so that's probably your target if you can get PSA 10s. Not sure what the market would be, but registry people can be crazy.

And no, ebay is the perfect place. Shipping a 660-count box or whatever isn't too expensive, and someone buying a set would understand it costs a few bucks.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If you want to sell as complete sets, don't grade unless you have the really super-rare SSPs, throwback unis and such. I, for one, hate having a complete set with a handful graded because keeping them in a box or binder with a handful of slabs is a gpita. Also, it's probably unlikely to really add net dollars to your sale unless they are BGS 10s. Individual cards could be worth grading, though. PSA has set registries going for every year's Heritage set except 2017, and at least a few of them seem competitive, so that's probably your target if you can get PSA 10s. Not sure what the market would be, but registry people can be crazy.

And no, ebay is the perfect place. Shipping a 660-count box or whatever isn't too expensive, and someone buying a set would understand it costs a few bucks.
Thanks. I think it'll try my 2014 heritage set. You're right, I could ship it n a 660 count in a priority envelope. Thanks!