Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bragging Rights: Who has the best modern card on the forum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Do any members own this Trout Superfractor rookie?
The owner's been holding out for half a million dollars forever.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2009-Bowman-C...rfractor-AUTO-1-1-BGS-9-AUTO-10-/401140342773

mike-trout-2009-bowman-chrome-draft-superfractor-auction.jpg

PLUS only $500 for shipping....

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
This has nothing to do with putting in work or effort. My response was a direct answer to the original thread's question of who has the best modern card. Any card that is good enough to win best modern card will either be obtained by luck or will have been paid for with a sizable sum of money. I suppose there is a small fraction of a chance that someone wheeled and sealed for a card of that magnitude (also luck in my opinion if that is the case), but then we'd all chant that the new owner is a d-bag who ripped off the previous owner. That is just the reality of the lottery pack mentality/market we now find ourselves collecting within. It's no longer who will pull the first Mickey Mantle of the neighborhood (and eventually we'll all have one or more if we keep buying packs), it is now who will be lucky enough to pull the Babe Ruth cut auto, button, cleat, jersey patch, hat, hair, tooth mega relic 1/1 that we can immediately turn around and sell for $10K.

I didn't say there weren't good cards that could be found with work and some wheeling and dealing, but to 'WIN" this thread, you pretty much need luck or big money.

I don't know why your so upset by the fact you don't have the best card of the decade or whatever. He wanted to see good cards and that's it. So every time you see an under priced cards on eBay you message the seller and say hey sorry let me add another $100 in you didn't price it right?! I highly doubt that. It's 2017 everyone has literally every means of research at their fingertips. If I ask a guy for a price and he gives me one after he uses beckett, ebay, google, has friends, and has a business doing this presumably then I'm going to pay the man.
So you collect and buy like yourself which is I'm guessing wait until someone lists the high end card you want at top dollar and just pay for it or like most on this site search Comc and EBay daily to find the best deals.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Don't rock the boat [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

Anyway, we all play second fiddle to [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION]

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
This has nothing to do with putting in work or effort. My response was a direct answer to the original thread's question of who has the best modern card. Any card that is good enough to win best modern card will either be obtained by luck or will have been paid for with a sizable sum of money. I suppose there is a small fraction of a chance that someone wheeled and sealed for a card of that magnitude (also luck in my opinion if that is the case), but then we'd all chant that the new owner is a d-bag who ripped off the previous owner. That is just the reality of the lottery pack mentality/market we now find ourselves collecting within. It's no longer who will pull the first Mickey Mantle of the neighborhood (and eventually we'll all have one or more if we keep buying packs), it is now who will be lucky enough to pull the Babe Ruth cut auto, button, cleat, jersey patch, hat, hair, tooth mega relic 1/1 that we can immediately turn around and sell for $10K.

I didn't say there weren't good cards that could be found with work and some wheeling and dealing, but to 'WIN" this thread, you pretty much need luck or big money.

I don't know why your so upset by the fact you don't have the best card of the decade or whatever. He wanted to see good cards and that's it. So every time you see an under priced cards on eBay you message the seller and say hey sorry let me add another $100 in you didn't price it right?! I highly doubt that. It's 2017 everyone has literally every means of research at their fingertips. If I ask a guy for a price and he gives me one after he uses beckett, ebay, google, has friends, and has a business doing this presumably then I'm going to pay the man.
So you collect and buy like yourself which is I'm guessing wait until someone lists the high end card you want at top dollar and just pay for it or like most on this site search Comc and EBay daily to find the best deals.

tenor.gif

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am hardly upset and you seem to be missing my point, so we'll agree to disagree on this matter.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Don't rock the boat [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

Anyway, we all play second fiddle to [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION]

Haha, thanks but there are definitely people here with many items that are out of my league...