Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bat Flips you like yes or no

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
When is acceptable to flip your bat after HR? i may be old school but if your batting .208 you shouldnt do it,

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
YES! Baseball needs more celebrating and ****iness imo. Makes it much more entertaining :)

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I'm also a fan of touchdown dances after ground-rule doubles.

...hasn't really caught on yet, but still

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm fine with it. Especially when it's in a big moment in the game. Gets the batting team fired up, and if at home, gets the home crowd excited.

What's the difference between a bat flip and a pitcher celebrating after a big strikeout. A pitcher celebrating doesn't seem to get the same negative reaction than a bat flip does for some reason.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I don't like them. But I'm old school. I liked the way Thome would point the bat to the outfield seats, hit a walk off homer, and raise his right fist as he ran down to 1st base, like he did the day he hit his 500th homer.

Or the way Jayson Werth would hit a home run in the 2008 playoffs, slam his bat down, point and stare into the dugout, which helped energize and lead the Phillies to the 2008 World Series.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
My favorite was Joaquin Andujar, shooting the pistol after getting a k, batters wanted to kill him m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I don't have any problem with batflips. As mentioned above, there are pitchers that celebrate after K's etc. It is curious that they can show emotion but batters can't. I like to see intensity. Joey Bats rubs people the wrong way, I doubt there would have been as much of a reaction if any other Jays player hit a HR. fwiw- there's not much to celebrate if you are down several runs late in the game.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
Then there was Willie Montanez who would catch fly balls while whipping the glove and catching it on the move. He used to get knocked down a lot.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Then there was Willie Montanez who would catch fly balls while whipping the glove and catching it on the move. He used to get knocked down a lot.

A younger Bonds in Pittsburgh would slap both of his shoulders with his glove, then swipe the ball out of the air. Or you could just be bada$$ Kevin Mitchell and not use a glove at all!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Who knew baseball players were such delicate creatures?

Pitchers, don't like the bat flip? Don't give up the HR.

Batters, don't like the fist pump? Don't strikeout.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Who knew baseball players were such delicate creatures?

Pitchers, don't like the bat flip? Don't give up the HR.

Batters, don't like the fist pump? Don't strikeout.

Ultimately that sums it up, it's sports at the highest level it's ultra competitive, but at the same time it's nothing more than entertainment, there should be something here and there that gets people worked up one way or another, but there is a line. The line is almost impossible to describe and varies person to person. It's like Congress describing ****..."you just know it when you see it"