Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Bowman Mega Boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I haven't seen anyone post about these yet. I have picked up about 10 of them. You get 5 packs of 2017 Bowman and 2 exclusive Bowman Mega packs. I have only seen them at Target they cost $14.99. The Mega pack cards have a pattern in the chrome. There are parallels, Rookie of the Year Favorites and Talent Pipeline inserts along with autographs (1:18). The Mega pack checklist is about the same as Bowman BCP chromes. BCP31 has been replaced with Shohei Otani.

Here are a few of the better cards I have pulled:
Judge 2017 ROY Fav.jpgYankees Bowman Mega Talent Pipeline Purple.jpgOtani Bowman Mega Base.jpgBecerra Bowman Mega Green Auto.jpgGurriel Jr Bowman Mega Auto.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
These are in fact Target exclusive, and selling out FAST. (Just picked up 5 at my local.) Topps hasn't released a checklist, but Cardboard Connection has compiled a "working" checklist.

Take note of the autos. Most have already had Chrome autos, but a couple have not. The obvious big card is Otani. (As far as I know he doesn't have an auto, but his base/parallels are doing great.) The first couple of his "base" mega refractors sold for around $200, but have since settled.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2017-bowman-mega-box-baseball-cards

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
The obvious big card is Otani. (As far as I know he doesn't have an auto, but his base/parallels are doing great.) The first couple of his "base" mega refractors sold for around $200, but have since settled.[/url]

Cool. I pulled green refractor Otani this morning. didn't know he was a mega box exclusive.

Anyone see these on the West coast yet. None in LA area that I have found.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

There were some in phoenix area today

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
After sorting the base cards, I have about 2/3 of the base set, I compared them to the base chrome cards. I noticed 2 differences. Card BCP103 is Flaherty and card BCP141 is Yang Hyeon-Jong / Hyun-Jong Yang.
Flaherty Bowman.jpgFlaherty Bowman Mega.jpgJong Bowman Chrome.jpgYang Bowman Mega.jpg

Jul 22, 2016
Damn, I hit 5 in the surrounding LA area and nada. Sometimes they take a week or more after east coast stores get them. It happened with holiday mega and am hoping same deal here.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I hit 3 more Target stores tonight. The 3rd one had 3 left. I'll post if I get anything great.
I have a friend that is a store manager he told me that each store got 6 boxes. His girlfriend works at another store. She is going to check for me tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Not bad. Carson Fulmer 19/75.
53329d586e3830e6745c2647105e82d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Just seems like Ca takes forever to get new card products on their shelves. Are people really buying them out at the multiple stores Ive been to?

Maybe topps feels like the East coast should get something good since the West coast is better n every other way. Seems logical

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
My wife went and I sent her a pic. She said they had ONE...but lied and came home with the FIVE they had! Do I want to open one, hold all, sell four? The are selling around $35 currently...

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
My wife went and I sent her a pic. She said they had ONE...but lied and came home with the FIVE they had! Do I want to open one, hold all, sell four? The are selling around $35 currently...

I would either open or hold. After eBay fees and shipping, you're looking at around $10/box profit. Not worth it yet IMO.

Members online