Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

as a set builder dont you love this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
don't you love it when you finish a set and years later you find out there is more to the set. lol. Years back when 1994 Ted Williams came out I went nuts. It was a easy set and a cheap one at that. I did I think most of the sub sets too. (Etched in stone done/Schmidt done/DG done/ LC done and home run club done) But searching e-bay I see there are 2 different vertions of the home run club gold and red lettering. I ran and saw I have a mixture of both in my set. I never saw that making the set. So here I am 23 years later finishing it. lol

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Yes! For my Topps Yankees team sets, I always enjoy chasing exclusive variations with Topps base design -- whether Fanfest, Regional Releases, Food Issues, Stadium Giveaways, Boxed Sets, QVC etc.

Almost 10 years later, I recently discovered the 2007 Topps Pepsi set which I am trying to find.

And almost 40 years later, I found out about the 1977 Burger King Lou Piniella short print which is atop my want list.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
veep-10.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This happened to me with Playoff Prestige, but with an autographed card #'d to 5. I thought I had cornered the market on it when I landed the last one and had 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 & 5/5 only to later find out that one set was black, the other purple. I didn't notice it until a repeat number showed up and I pulled mine thinking the card was fake. Upon closer inspection, I then realized I had 2 different colors!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
This happened to me with Playoff Prestige, but with an autographed card #'d to 5. I thought I had cornered the market on it when I landed the last one and had 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 & 5/5 only to later find out that one set was black, the other purple. I didn't notice it until a repeat number showed up and I pulled mine thinking the card was fake. Upon closer inspection, I then realized I had 2 different colors!
*Ouch*

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
The 2007 Pepsi set was given out at MLB parks, correct? Pretty sure I have the White Sox version.

Members online

No members online now.