Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hawk is flying the nest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what? Hawk wasn't already retired? ;)

Can't blame the aging for wanting to retire. Hawk has contributed quite a bit to the game and it's time if he is ready to do more fishing and be with family than even to have a half-season or so commitment.. I will remember him in recent times for sticking out in my mind as an oddball. I know many long-time announcers get to set their schedules and many choose to work home games and work none or select few road games. I find it odd Hawk elected to work road games and not home games. I suppose he likes to be a world traveler to want to do the roadies.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Look people, Vin Scully and Uecker were 1 and 1.a for most of their careers.

Uecker is easily the best currently and was the only one besides Scully (sort of) and Caray (as a novelty) to enter the rest of the media world as an announcer.

Plus, Ueck's home run call is still unrivalled.

/thread

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm a Hawk fan too, I genuinely like his cadence and way of highlighting action, and as a Big Hurt collector, he's pretty darn important too.

Members online

Latest posts