Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the market for this product?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Serious question here, as there are probably several different potential answers. Who is in the market for this type of autographed product?

Alanna Rizzo.

I came across this in a Dodger search and had to look her up. I don't keep up actively with the sport anymore, getting most of my updates from baseball-reference now and again. I didn't know who she was. I saw one auction where two of these has been sold. I didn't search to see if this was typical, but obviously people are buying to some level. Who do you think is the typical buyer?

Women (or men) who have this person as a professional role model?
Men (or women) who appeal to the sex appeal of this reporter? If she looks like Janet Reno, are there still buyers?
Sports fans who collect reporter autographs from their team?

I mean, I just commented yesterday on a different thread that I pretty much will seek out any sort of significant person affiliated with the Dodgers for my autograph collection, then stumbled upon this and had to rethink my comment. I will add a Jerry Doggett or Vin Scully. I'll add a Frank McCourt, Jamie McCourt or Peter O'Malley. I'll add former team doctor Frank Jobe. I would even probably welcome Helen Dell or Nancy Bea if one were to come along at the right price, but this one had me thinking twice. Maybe if I followed the team closely and saw her work I might feel different, but honestly, I can't think of a sports reporter that I would want to add to my collection, at least not at $20 a pop!

The one exception being Stuart Scott, who I really enjoyed watching on Sports Center when I was a daily viewer and he was in his prime, and it was a cool A&G mini card.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
I have send to love Alanna Rizzo when she did Rockies game, she is knowledgeable, articulate and pleasant to the eye her replacement is light years behind her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online