Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Horrible shipping practices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Received an autographed ball in the mail, and the shipper sent it in a box of newspaper. This wouldn't bother me, newspaper makes a great box filler. The problem was, they didn't protect the ball! No sandwich bag, no shrink-wrap, just a bare ball to be bouncing around all that newspaper ink. Why do people think this is an ok way to ship items?

Share your worst shipped item stories!

c483d60743c16bd7984664e64fe1ed77.jpg
0937595da22bec1ea3fe3ff075b3ddec.jpg
283a2503272569c94557da3e3ad88219.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I bought a lot of PSA graded cards and the shipper stacked them and wrapped them in a bunch of packing tape. I still haven't removed all the residue left on the slabs.

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I received a package today and there was so much tape on the envelope, I really couldn't open it. I got the scissors and managed to cut a small enough part that I was finally able to open without damaging card.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Share your worst shipped item stories!

Relic Cards with diecut windows sent in paper envelopes.

Since USPS has Informed Delivery in my area, I know paper envelope shipped cards get machine treatment and bubble mailers do not seem to. A relic card is too stiff to make it through the machine processing and you get creases at some edges of the die-cut windows. Relics shipped in bubble mailers have never had any creasing issues.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I received a package today and there was so much tape on the envelope, I really couldn't open it. I got the scissors and managed to cut a small enough part that I was finally able to open without damaging card.

I'm amazed at the amount of packing tape people will use. The cards survive the PO, but you can't open them without damage.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My worse was a thick relic card in a PWE. Nothing else. As a previous post mentioned, not a good situation.

In a recent trade, a guy sent 5 cards in a team bag in a PWE. There was a top loader in the team bag, but the cards still just slid around in it and all got dinged corners.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've have a few 8x10 type stuff shipped in just a manila envelope. No backing or support, just the picture. Needless to say, I want to say it's happened 3 times, all were folded in half basically once they were put in the box.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I had a seller on Sportlots stuff 8 2014 Finest Refractors (all numbered) into a PWE and send it off with one stamp (after I paid around $8, he tried to profit mightily on their combined auction postage). It came postage due, and when I picked it up, all the cards were heavily damaged (obviously). He refused to offer a refund unless I shipped the cards back, so I paid return postage and the postage due fee, to get these ruined cards. He's periodically tried to resell these same cards at auction, I can tell they're the same cards as the Braun Gold was #'ed 1/50.

Another time, I bought a lot of 200 1982 Topps stickers on ebay. They also came stuffed in a PWE, folded and mutilated, but at least the postage was correct.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Two instances come to mind for me...

1 - Had a lot of 3 Sweet Spot autos come in a large bubble envelope. That's it, no sleeves or cases whatsoever to protect them while they jostled around in the mailer. Talk about dents and creases.

2 - Had a thick BGS slab get sent to me in a small PWE with a bunch of tape around it to keep it shut. Nothing else around it. Miraculously, it arrived without damage.

Members online

Latest posts