Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Card makers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Just my opinion here, I dont consider the ones you linked (yankeesjeter21968) to be custom cards, those are manufactured cards that are altered (buy cutting a hole and adding a patch), I wouldnt buy any of those.
Now, cards made by Mouschi and others on FCB, that are 100% created from beginning to end using their creative talents and skills, those are Custom Cards to me and I would buy any day and have.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I don't understand. isn't it against the law to take a topps card alter it and then re-sale it? your selling a topps card not made by topps with topps name on it. I like the ones people make with there own name on it but to throw a fake patch on a topps card is lame to me...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
IMG_20170605_175632803.jpg

Love his stuff, Teddy real knows what he's doing...I don't know him or if he's ever called teddy, but that's what I'm going with

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've seen those listed as "sketch" cards and agree some look really great. But I assume they're more like "prints" as there are often 5-10 listed as a stated print run. That part leaves me a little nervous. Not that I ever think there would be major demand but it leaves some room for weird stuff to happen. But there's a market. The Gypsy Oak stuff is a prime example

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Here's a 1 of 1 custom art card that I couldn't pass up:

img042.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This is exactly the kid of stuff I was talking about in my thread a few days back. Everyone (talented or not) can just make something, price it up, toss it on eBay and see what happens. There are buyers for everything and in some cases, a tasteful custom or art card is worth picking up, but it seems this kind of stuff is starting out outnumber the real collectibles.
I've never really looked in to these folks but it seems like they do ok with these cards...seems like there is at least some demand although I wonder if some buy them to sell as something different?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice Wakefields!

It takes talent to make portraits like that. So if you shrink them down put them on a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of cardboard and sell it for a few bucks, I'm all in. I like Vela's stuff.

However I've seen some pretty crappy "art cards" floating around. As in, literally, I can do better myself. I have one from the early 90's called "Sports Art Images" which is just brutal, something a comatose 7th grader could have drawn. But another one from the same period, by John McLean, is actually pretty good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Robert...rint-11-X14-/182570666520?hash=item2a820f4a18

This is the 11" x 14" poster, but he put out some smaller cards as promos. I have the card but haven't pulled the trigger on the actual poster yet. Probably should.

View attachment 70492

Love his stuff, Teddy real knows what he's doing...I don't know him or if he's ever called teddy, but that's what I'm going with

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Thanks fellas. Considering the scale of the piece, it's a really well done painting. As for Frank's game, I suppose it's rather legendary on and off the field.

Latest posts