Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Update. Completed my 2017 Topps Archives Aaron Boone autograph rainbow.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Update. Completed my 2017 Topps Archives Aaron Boone autograph rainbow.

    All I need is the red /25 to complete it.

    Scored the Gold 1/1 on eBay today.

    Last edited by Super Mario; 06-06-2017 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    8,958
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be an easy finish...congrats..his sig looks like it says Paul Bone...


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  3. #3
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    35,738
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good get on that gold.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Good get on that gold.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I've been watching eBay like a hawk for the last several days, believe me.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Mystic, CT
    Posts
    944
     Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on getting so far so fast, naturally as I'm trying to complete the Wakefield rainbow I'm completely disgusted anyone would want anything with Boone's mug on it but I respect the dedication. I've got the base and the blue. Missed a couple of reds and haven't seen a peach yet. Been a long time since Timmy has had a licensed release, like seeing him in a real Sox uniform again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Congrats on getting so far so fast, naturally as I'm trying to complete the Wakefield rainbow I'm completely disgusted anyone would want anything with Boone's mug on it but I respect the dedication. I've got the base and the blue. Missed a couple of reds and haven't seen a peach yet. Been a long time since Timmy has had a licensed release, like seeing him in a real Sox uniform again.

    There are two of the Red's on eBay right now, but the sellers are pretty proud of them, and there's no Best Offer option to negotiate. I got the Gold for like $75 off what the seller originally had it listed at. I don't want to pay the same amount for a /25 as I did a 1/1. So I figured I'd just wait for more to be listed and hope for the best.

    Hopefully you can finish your Wakefield set rather easily. I'm lucky the Gold was listed so quickly.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Mystic, CT
    Posts
    944
     Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are falling victim to "early release pricing" it's all over the place, I elected to skip the two reds I saw listed because, for once in my life I exercised patience and kept a level head, prices should fall a bit, just a matter of finding the 1/1, I've had good luck with that I'm hoping it continues

  8. #8
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I elected to skip the two reds I saw listed because, for once in my life I exercised patience and kept a level head
    That's exactly what I've been doing with the Red.

    The Base, Peach and Blue were all pretty affordable, but the Reds that at listed are priced too high at the moment and I'm waiting for more to show up so the price may drop. If I have to eventually overpay, so be it. But hopefully not.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  9. #9
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    35,738
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The reds shouldn't be that hard to find even months down the road.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,205
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    The reds shouldn't be that hard to find even months down the road.
    It's so strange to think that a card numbered to 25 will be easy to find for months, when in the early '90s it was so hard to find cards numbered to 5,000.

    Sam, what made you a fan of Aaron Boone?
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  11. #11
    Junior Member sba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're lucky that Boone's are so easy to tell apart. The Maas' is listed incorrectly so many times, and they all have the same border color so it's hard to tell which is which

  12. #12
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sba View Post
    you're lucky that Boone's are so easy to tell apart. The Maas' is listed incorrectly so many times, and they all have the same border color so it's hard to tell which is which
    My Peach auto actually came with the base Archives Maas auto.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Sam, what made you a fan of Aaron Boone?
    Well, being a fan of an NL Central team I got the chance to watch him play a ton over the years, and always enjoyed the way he played. Yeah, he wasn't the greatest player, but he played the game the right way in my opinion.

    Then the 2003 ALCS happened, and that took it to another level. That was just the perfect storm of events that occurred, with his brother Bret in the TV booth, and everything that happened. It was the most insane thing I've ever watched during a baseball game.

    And he seems like a really good dude. I was able to meet him at US Cellular in 2005 before a Indians @ White Sox game. I walked down to the Indians dugout before the game and he talked to my friends and I for a good five minutes. And I passed him walking into Busch Stadium before Game 1 of the 2011 World Series and exchanged pleasantries.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  14. #14
    Senior Member MisterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd that he left his middle name off the auto. He and Bucky Dent have the same effing middle names, in New England anyway.

    Strong work and congrats on the pick up.

    I doubt Topps even thought about this, but I love that he and Wakefield get a Fan Favorite auto in the same year, as it was Wake that gave up that monster HR in 2003. Not exactly Mookie and Bill Buckner from 86, but Boone and Wake are linked in baseball history and forever in my head.

    Edit: fixed a typo
    Last edited by MisterT; 06-06-2017 at 01:27 PM.

    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

  15. #15
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    16,651
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    Odd that he left his middle name off the auto. He and Bucky Dent have the same effing middle names, in New England anyway.

    Strong work and congrats on the pick up.

    I doubt Topps even thought about this, but I love that he and Wakefield get a Fan Favorite auto in the same year, as it was Wake that gave up that monster HR in 2003. Not exactly Mookie and Bill Buckner from 86, but Boone and Wake are linked in baseball history and forever in my head.

    Edit: fixed a typo

    A dual auto of the two would be amazing.

    Not sure if Wakefield would be up for that though. Some players are weird about stuff like that.


    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •