Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Cop has a new Job apparently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Is Sports Card Fraud investigator a real thing?

cardcop.PNG

Investigating Corporate Hobby Fraud in the sports card & memorabilia hobby for FREE since 1997 online (1992 offline).
I am also a trained Forensic Document Examiner. I can't say I'm a professional at this because I also do this FOR FREE ALWAYS since 1999! I changed my last name in 1999 (took my wife's name when we were married! Yes, men can do it as easily as women can.) because it NEVER was "MY" last name.

Donated over 3-million cards and 1.000's of autographs (updated as of 2014) to hospitalized children. Started in 1989 after being inspired by Gary Carter - MLB HOF'er (my hero & friend until his very untimely death in Feb. 2012). I donated 30,000+ cards minimum every year from 1989-2014. Any profit I could have made from this hobby in 25-years went to these kids instead. Most of these kids didn't have a chance to live their lives which only encouraged me to do more for them.
Even though I became very sick myself starting in 2001, I got to live 34-years without illness- so I have no regrets, and I lived more of a wonderful life than I ever thought possible!

Former Pacemaker Technologist for Medtronic, EKG Tecnologist and Interpretation Expert (Nationally Certified as Educator by Dr. Henry J.L. Marriott in 1995, Orlando, FL- he was one of my few heroes in my life!).
I got to save many lives by myself because I taught myself everything there was to know about EKG Interpretation. I caught several heart attacks before the patients or doctors knew there was anything wrong. At first all nurses and doctors thought I was crazy asking them to do STAT 12-LEAD EKG's, but when I was correct three times in a row I was never questioned by anyone again. I was fortunate enough to catch things that most would never see because I sharpened my pattern recognition skills as well as was possible.
This also made the transition to Forensic Document Examination in autographs fairly easy (that I ONLY did for free).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Good lord, this guy just loves to make himself out to sound like some sort of hero, saving lives and donating to the sick. I want to vomit.

The likely reason he changed his last name is because there is an arrest record under his real one. That and because if anyone looked it up online you'd see that none of this crap he claims to have done actually happened...except in his own imagination.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
65637120.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How much of what this guy says is actually true?
Is he a delusional nutjob who lies about everything, or does he mostly just exaggerate and has actually done a lot of the stuff he claims?

I remember there were massive threads about him on the old Beckett board, but I don't really remember much, other than people calling him a crazy scammer.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I never had to see or deal with him. only the stories. this snapshot makes me wish I didn't even know what I do.
he's so full of himself, making of a Cult leader right there. was a sociopath

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
And then he donated that knowledge to sick kids

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

All of whom witnessed miraculous cures and grew up to become prominent politicians, surgeons, rocket scientists & famous musicians. To the best of knowledge at least two have grown up to become U.S. Presidents.

Let it be known, again, Mr. McCay's wisdom & knowledge passed down to these children was FREE.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Oh my goodness gracious. This man is utterly devoid of all self awareness and shame.

On the other hand he has bequeathed onto us yet another entertaining FCB thread. It's supposed to be healthy to laugh more...but I wonder if the medical benefits of a laugh are canceled out if you're cringing at the same time.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Quote from one of this articles

"Just know I'm still fighting for all collectors no matter how sick I get. Maybe this will eventually inspire SOMEONE to do what I did when I was healthy from 1997-2004 online with a website fighting hobby fraud when I won EVERY case I investigated at one level or another. Don't forget I put TWO card companies OUT OF BUSINESS by myself (Playoff and Pacific) for fraud most wouldn't believe and had NO ONE helping or guiding me. Think what you could do if you get a group of a dozen or so hobby experts who are collectors only- fighting only for collectors?
PLUS YOU HAVE ME TO GUIDE YOU!!!"

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Sometimes I think this guy only exists to give us something to talk about. I mean, how can he really be real? Crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts