Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is it going to end? lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Funny story here. Back around 1994 I did the Ted Williams set. it was easy and fun. but without E-bay all I could do was buy boxes and go to shows. Little did I know about sp's back then. So I finished what I thought was all the insert sets. Well there were red versions of some of them. The reds were inserted at a harder to pull rate and I never knew that. So now 23 years later I find out there are red versions of the 500 club and etched in stone. I only had the gold etched in stone but it seems I pulled some red 500 club. So I jump on e-bay and grabbed up the red and gold version of these sets. Finally after 23 years done. right? nope! lol. I see there is a sp promo card in the set. (had to get that) I see a insert set called lp. red and reg versions of it too! Also a set called trade for the babe mail in set. (got that now) and memories too (thanks to sportslots on that one)... All I need now are the 2 autos Larry Bird (I feel I will never own that) and Leon Day
Am I done yet? lol
1994 TED WILLIAMS (COMPLETED)(WITH P1 PROMO)
1994 TED WILLIAMS ETCHED IN STONE GOLD (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS ETCHED IN STONE RED (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS LP (COMPLETED) (LP1,2)
1994 TED WILLIAMS LP RED (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS MEMORIES (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS SCHMIDT (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS DAN GARDINER (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS LOCKER COLLECTION (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS TRADE FOR BABE (COMPLETED W/REDEMPTION)
1994 TED WILLIAMS 500 CLUB RED (COMPLETED)
1994 TED WILLIAMS 500 CLUB GOLD (COMPLETED)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
pog.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I enjoyed the TW sets and was disappointed it was only a 2 year run. The 94s always seemed more plentiful, although I think both runs were "limited" at the time. I prefer the look of the 93 base set though.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
very cool stuff. i dont recall seeing or hearing about the sets back in the day but have owned a few cards over the years.
have the Leon Day auto in my hof PC. can't tell from a pic but it does have a raised watermark of the company's logo in the card

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Still have some of the inserts sitting around, gonna check 'em.

The never ending battle to catalog sets continues. Couldn't somebody, either a die-hard collector or even the maker have compiled a full, detailed checklist by now?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The Leon Day auto is one of my favorite cards. It's the only certified auto of a HOF player, on card. That would be enough to make it great, but the personal connection is that I bought it on eBay in the hospital, hours after my first son was born, as he and my wife were fast asleep but I was too jazzed to rest.

Day.jpg

Good luck on making it end!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Thanks guys. The Leon Day seems possible to get. Seems to go for around 40 bucks. But the Larry Bird auto would be impossible....

Members online

Latest posts