Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Probably a stupid question - but what if your team doesn't get pulled in a case break?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RagingAcid

Feb 26, 2017
Markham, ON
i.e Mike buys Blue Jays from the break. Robert opens 16 boxes or whatever and no Toronto cards come up. Is Mike screwed?

OriginalEGG

Feb 6, 2017
It depends on the rules of the break you signed up for. Read the fine print on the breaker's website or stream. Or, if you're buying a spot on ebay, spend the time and read the description.

For the most part, yes you're just out of luck.

Some breakers, like thetruth17, will take anyone who was "hitless" in a break and put them in a weekly drawing for some boxes or other prizes to make it a little bit of a consolation prize.

Some ebay people will offer to refund your shipping if you didn't hit anything.

For the most part, it happens very often. Especially if you're buying a cheaper team with less players on the checklist. Obviously cheaper because of that.

If you're talking about a single case break, it's very possible that multiple teams will be hitless depending on the set.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
i.e Mike buys Blue Jays from the break. Robert opens 16 boxes or whatever and no Toronto cards come up. Is Mike screwed?

um yeah i'd be kickin' ass...then again 16 boxes and no hits would mean something high end with fewer hits, especially Jays which seem to appear less often. I got lucky on a 2016 Bowman break, hit a Alford ref auto to boot.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Even though there are very few rules to the breaking game, the good breakers will take care of you somehow. Anyone who has been collecting a while has tons of extra stuff lying around and a good breaker will send you something. It's an easy way for a breaker to help his reputation. But be prepared to take the risk. If you do a team break on a product that's got just very few cards, like those cases that have like 50 cards altogether, study the checklist and see what your chances are.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
lebowski-and-stranger.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have taken part in a lot of breaks where no Phillies got pulled. I was SOL. Left great feedback and went on with my life...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Even though there are very few rules to the breaking game, the good breakers will take care of you somehow. Anyone who has been collecting a while has tons of extra stuff lying around and a good breaker will send you something. It's an easy way for a breaker to help his reputation. But be prepared to take the risk. If you do a team break on a product that's got just very few cards, like those cases that have like 50 cards altogether, study the checklist and see what your chances are.
I typically buy player breaks. Once all I hit was a chrome base refractor. Seller contacted me and gave me credit towards another break if I didnt want the cards from that break. Thought that was a sweet deal

Sent from my LG-H811 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts