Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Seller Dispute - Help me on this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I purchased a 2017 Archives master set of my favorite team. The auction clearly include the base set, two minis and a rookie card. The last three cards are inserts.

I paid, waited a considerable time, and the package arrived on Saturday. Opened it, and only the base set was there. I logged in to Ebay to make sure I wasn't crazy, and the auction I clicked on was only for the base set. What the hell? Then I noticed a small message, "The seller updated the description of the auction after you purchased it, click here to see original item". I clicked on that, and there's the auction I won with the inserts.

So, as a buyer, Ebay gives you two options: Item did nor arrive or item not as described. I should choose the latter in the Resolution Center, correct? Item not as described?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
What a dick move. But yeah, item not as described. You will probably have to return the item, paying shipping yourself. Since it's only a team set that might not cost much, but is it worth the hassle for those 3 cards? But definitely neg the guy in that case.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
What a dick move. But yeah, item not as described. You will probably have to return the item, paying shipping yourself. Since it's only a team set that might not cost much, but is it worth the hassle for those 3 cards? But definitely neg the guy in that case.

With Item Not As Described (INAD), the seller is required to pay return shipping and refund the buyer. The seller will be required to send you a pre-paid shipping label in the process. Be sure to use that to protect you as it comes with tracking. Of course, assuming eBay sides with you, which they should if the description was changed after the sale. DON'T accept a "partial refund" as it just emboldens bad behavior. The INAD will also count as a defect for the seller, and if they get enough of them, they get booted from eBay. As noted, leave the guy negative feedback. Don't be inflammatory, just state what happened, something like "changed terms of auction after it ended, would not buy from again". Be sure to block his user ID after everything is resolved if you sell anything to prevent a "revenge purchase".

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
With Item Not As Described (INAD), the seller is required to pay return shipping and refund the buyer. The seller will be required to send you a pre-paid shipping label in the process. Be sure to use that to protect you as it comes with tracking. Of course, assuming eBay sides with you, which they should if the description was changed after the sale. DON'T accept a "partial refund" as it just emboldens bad behavior. The INAD will also count as a defect for the seller, and if they get enough of them, they get booted from eBay. As noted, leave the guy negative feedback. Don't be inflammatory, just state what happened, something like "changed terms of auction after it ended, would not buy from again". Be sure to block his user ID after everything is resolved if you sell anything to prevent a "revenge purchase".

I'm working through this right now. This is very frustrating. I'd rather the seller send me the three missing cards, as that is the easiest thing.

So Ebay has sided with me, so now I have to go through the trouble of printing out the label, packaging these cards back up and sending back to the seller for a refund which will probably take another two weeks, if the item gets there successfully. What a joke. So to get my original money back that he's had for three weeks, I have to send the junk base set back instead of him just sending the three missing cards.

On the phone now with Ebay supervisor from somewhere across the seas....

Sounds like they are going to process the refund immediately after I told them to read the actual comments I made in the Resolution Center.

Already left negative feedback. Now I need to take djmi's advice and block this guy.

Last edited: