Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Running Topps Now Thread. Updated Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Topps Now is an interesting product to me. A season can go buy and you can quickly forget the nuances that made it great. This program allows us to save those moments.

Anthony Rizzo

Cody Bellinger sets a MLB Record for Multi Homer games at the start of a career.

Andrew Benitendi Walks Off (RC)

Adding more as they pop.

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I enjoy Topps Now and since they have started I have purchased most of the Phillies cards. I think a big upgrade would be to number stamp them.....and here's why

I follow an english football team religiously and purchased a Topps Now EPL Premier League card- I received a Bryce Harper card instead.

I emailed Topps and to their credit they sent the correct card priority mail immediately and didn't ask for the Harper card back even though I offered to return. The "official" number of the card I ordered never was increased on the website. I have no idea the print run of the Harper originally but I assume that customer got my soccer card and most likely received a replacement of the Harper card and that print run was also not increased.

For ten clams a card- a card where they trot the print run out quite proudly- there should be numbered stamping on them.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm not sure how concerned they are with the accuracy of stated print runs.

Well I'd have to say that they aren't very concerned at all. :lol:

If they are not going to be accurate, why state the print run? :-|

And if the program "isn't about rarity" why is there a time limit per card and stated print runs? :confused:

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Couldn't agree more. Bought my first Topps Now cards a couple months ago when my son was born, there were six made on that day. Also picked up a Cody Bellinger debut card recently. Was looking at card choices for him and I would think this would be the first Topps card issued for him with the RC logo? Also, print run of appx 1500 IIRC. To me, the concept really seems to be catching on, and seems to really appeal to more casual collectors as well. I can't help but wonder what the future will be for these cards, with the limited print runs.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Couldn't agree more. Bought my first Topps Now cards a couple months ago when my son was born, there were six made on that day. Also picked up a Cody Bellinger debut card recently. Was looking at card choices for him and I would think this would be the first Topps card issued for him with the RC logo? Also, print run of appx 1500 IIRC. To me, the concept really seems to be catching on, and seems to really appeal to more casual collectors as well. I can't help but wonder what the future will be for these cards, with the limited print runs.

Congrats on the son.

It would be really cool to have a snapshot of the day in baseball when you were born. It's going to be cool to hand that over to him one day.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I was all in on these last year. I would be again this year too. But last year @Casebusters had a program were you could pre-pay for your team's cards and get them for a bulk price versus the one off price on the website. I am guessing it did not get much traction as it is no longer offered.

Topps offered something like this directly, but was much more expensive. Anyone know of a program like this for this year?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Don't forget they also did the Spring Training packs that you could buy with a random auto. I got these...

I think this was the first Sale auto in a Red Sox uni.

Capture.JPG

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Congrats on the son.

It would be really cool to have a snapshot of the day in baseball when you were born. It's going to be cool to hand that over to him one day.

Thank you! I'm hoping he will think it's cool one day.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Debated getting 10 of the Twins hit record cards to have one signed by each Twins player that had a hit in the game. Decided to only go with 5 though, might have each card signed by 2 players or just get ones that had a big game like Rosario and Escobar

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I was all in on these last year. I would be again this year too. But last year @Casebusters had a program were you could pre-pay for your team's cards and get them for a bulk price versus the one off price on the website. I am guessing it did not get much traction as it is no longer offered.

Topps offered something like this directly, but was much more expensive. Anyone know of a program like this for this year?

Topps Changed a few things that doesnt make it worth it to me.

1. They added sales tax to my order because I am in Florida, and they wont change it for resellers...
2. I lost 3 people who do not want to buy the set like last year
3. Sellers on ebay are selling for less than $6.00
4. Too many cards per day so much more outlay..
5. The bundle does not help me either (which they started late last year)
6. Topps is now doing team buys like i did last year, where you buy so many cards of the team before you reup.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Topps Changed a few things that doesnt make it worth it to me.

1. They added sales tax to my order because I am in Florida, and they wont change it for resellers...
2. I lost 3 people who do not want to buy the set like last year
3. Sellers on ebay are selling for less than $6.00
4. Too many cards per day so much more outlay..
5. The bundle does not help me either (which they started late last year)
6. Topps is now doing team buys like i did last year, where you buy so many cards of the team before you reup.

While I did not know the details, I figured the economics didn't make sense anymore. LMK if you ever get back into it. It was a great service and your packaging/delivery was first class.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Thanks for the kind words, It stinks that I cant sell them without putting out a lot of money to get later..

But,
I did make some suggestions to Jeff at Topps Now..

If they could do a bundle rate of 20 for all cards that come out that day, for say, $2.50 a card, I may reconsider doing them, because I can compete with ebay sellers...

Also, Topps is losing $100k from me this year based on how many cards they will print, I spent around 60K last year on Topps Now cards..
And this you really can't make up, because they print to order...

Thanks Again
Paul

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Yeah, the economics of this program aren't great because the primary market is too high.

I look at it as an entertainment cost really. I want the cards, it makes me happy to have them so I buy them.

Members online