Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dumb hobby ideas from the past

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Oh yeah, we know there's been some doozies made by all the companies.

Post some up.

Here's two

Several years ago, in both baseball and football topps reprinted many modern day rookie cards which can easily pass for the originals.

About twenty years ago, pinnacle came out with 8x10 cards which contained a small card inside.

That's not the worst part as if the large card was an insert, there's no guarantee the inside card would be an insert.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
The 2016 Stadium Club buybacks (non-autographed versions) had no foil stamping to indicate they were buybacks.

The Roger Clemens autographs in 1992 Fleer had nothing on them indicating that they were certified autographs.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Mine would have to be the Upper Deck video cards. seems like some don't work anymore plus they used college football video footage. With a proper pro sports league license and current technology, I think they could be done better today by a manufacturer.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
2004 UD Breakey
breakey.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Any card that doesn't actually picture the player featured (SP Signature Edition for example).

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION]

Yes totally. An auto cut up to be put inside a cut auto is the worst. UD does it too. I've seen an instance where they cut up a Pinnacle Joe D auto and it didn't even fit the full cut auto frame. So hokey.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Can we include the Pinnacle Inside "soup can packs"? Thought those were annoying as hell. Didn't mind the preferred tin as much for some reason.

Members online

Latest posts