Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do players use the same bat over and over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Do players usually use the same bat throughout a game?

I am asking because the Trea Turner bat I bought says he hit a double with it in the third inning. But in that game he hit a home run in the first inning. It would be cool to know that he hit a home run with it.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I can't imagine he would switch bats after hitting a HR.
I agree. Athletes are very superstitious about stuff like that, lucky bats, etc.

However, the fact that Mox's bat description doesn't mention the earlier homer probably means it was a different bat.
Companies like Steiner have players or batboys pull bats to sell after certain atbats, so maybe the homer bat was pulled earlier for another sale. Or maybe the homer meant something to Turner and he put away the bat for himself.

It just seems odd that the bat description wouln't mention the homer, unless the seller wasn't sure if the same bat was used for the homer.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I agree. Athletes are very superstitious about stuff like that, lucky bats, etc.

However, the fact that Mox's bat description doesn't mention the earlier homer probably means it was a different bat.
Companies like Steiner have players or batboys pull bats to sell after certain atbats, so maybe the homer bat was pulled earlier for another sale. Or maybe the homer meant something to Turner and he put away the bat for himself.

It just seems odd that the bat description wouln't mention the homer, unless the seller wasn't sure if the same bat was used for the homer.

I think the descriptions only say what the last play it was involved in.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
how about the 350 plus SIGNED baseballs fouls / hr signed by hitter or game pitched . I have one baseball of every player we had one year

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
If I hit a home run with a bat, there's no way I'm not using it in my next at bat....that thing has some hits in it!

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Given that the bat was taken out of use after the 2B due the crack, it makes sense the description of the bat states that it was used for a double. I'm guessing they don't have the ability to be certain that it was also used for the HR. My gut is with the rest that think he probably used it for the HR as well. Fire up google and find some photos.