Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Has anyone seen their players not have all the listed parallels? I know Topps is typically great for this kind of thing. I've got my hands on the Tim Wakefield fan favorite base, blue and red, however I haven't seen a single peach parallel auto at all. Wondering if multiple players have the same issue.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have only seen base and red Lasorda autos.

I have been having a good time obtaining these. A lot of times they can be had for $5 or less and I try to find someone who broke a case or several boxes and listed their scrubs at $1 opening bid. I am not trying to grab the big $$ cards, so I have had greater success. I don't know why I didn't do this in other years, but I have been trying to get all 4 of a variety of players. I already have the 4 color run completed for 2 players and am 1 card short on 8 more (and it isn't necessary the Red auto).

I am also one away from the 5 auto run, having snagged a 1/1.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Has anyone seen their players not have all the listed parallels? I know Topps is typically great for this kind of thing. I've got my hands on the Tim Wakefield fan favorite base, blue and red, however I haven't seen a single peach parallel auto at all. Wondering if multiple players have the same issue.

That's crazy. I just searched on eBay for current and completed listings and you're definitely correct, none have hit the market. On eBay at least. That's nuts.

Good luck! Hopefully you can obtain the 1/1 rather easily if it's listed.

Do you know anyone who knows Wakefield, or is he active on social media? Maybe you could ask him?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess I am glad I didn't dig into archives and fan favorites in previous years like I did this year. My intention was to get the "affordable" Dodgers (Cey, Moon, Mota & Lasorda and Bean, since he was a Dodger at one time and had no other certified autos) and move on. Then I decided I wanted to get the 4 colors for each (Have not seen Peach or Blue for Lasorda). Next thing you know, I am completing the 4 color run for as many different cards/players as I can!

I am up to (19) 4 color run sets, 2 of which include the 5th, a gold 1/1 card. I have (6) more runs where I believe I am complete at the issued # of cards (meaning they didn't do all 4 colors).

I am 1 color away from completion for another (9) runs. WTF was I thinking?

By the way, Wakefield is one of the few "affordable" players that I have yet to score a single copy. I have not seen a Peach for him either and peach seems to be missing for more players than any other color.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I don't know what is up with the Peach non-auto parallels, but I've pulled at least a dozen and every single one has been a Latino player.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
It does not appear that Theo Epstein has anything other than Blue/Red autos in the product. Could be a coincidence, since those are the Cubbies colors.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't think most of the non players have all colors of auto except Skip Bayless and his regular auto is the SP, Brennaman & Cohen. Not sure about Hample or Bald Vinny, as I could care less for even one copy of those guys. Fans, even "famous" ones, are past the line for me to collect.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
FWIW - I found all the Alomars from this set without much trouble, but in other sets I've found that seemingly "common" parallels can take forever to surface. Like I'll see 5 of the /25 parallels early on, but somehow the /99 one takes forever to surface. I'd guess that everyone including Wakefield has all the parallels, so hopefully after a while you'll see a pile of the peach ones show up.

Members online

Latest posts