Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Wife Is Incredible, An Astros A To Z Milestone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My wife got me an incredible Father's Day gift.

fa18ad_1b5defad7fe34074af29f552a85c3ee4~mv2_d_2497_3271_s_4_2.webp

While there are a lot of rare autographs on here, there is one in particular that mattered for my collection.

fa18ad_d104a4bba71243bebdfbd4c1ba6753c5~mv2.webp

Pidge Browne, pronounced "Brownie", has been the #2 name on my want list for at least a decade. He was not on the team represented here, but must have been playing against them while with the Houston Buffaloes. Browne is known among autograph collectors as an incredibly tough non-signer. He is the only person to ever play for both the Houston minor league team and the major league team. I have only ever seen a handful of autographs available and was never willing to pay what it is worth.

I can't believe I am getting to cross his name off of my needs list. He is autograph number 811 in my quest to obtain all Houston Astros/Colt .45s autographs. I am down to 86 needs.

Here is my Top 5 Wants now that Pidge has been removed from the 2nd spot:

1. Jay Dahl (Probably will never get this one, but I can dream)
2. Ron Willis
3. Aurelio Monteagudo
4. Mike Marshall (The only living person on this list, but wants $300 to sign anything. Nope.)
5. George Brunet

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks to Chris Potter Sports, I have been able to grab a few Marshall cards for well under his old signing price and less that Potter originally advertised when he did his signings. There is still hope to get him for under $100, but probably not too much less unless he ends up signing a bunch more for someone else.

Members online

Latest posts