Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Job Search/What do you do for a living?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey all,

So I quit my job recently without having anything else lined up (yup, it was that bad) and with jobs on the mind I started wondering what people here do for a living?

I worked for the last 3 years at a start-up molecular lab where I was (most recently) the Director of Strategy and Product Development.

What does everyone here do?

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I farm in the Midwest. Grow corn, soybeans, and hay. Also raise cattle and hogs, you may have eaten some meat that came from here!
992b9bff9bc9746f7c9e147d230a6038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm a stay at home dad. Best gig around if you're lucky enough to pull it off. You hear about it more and more with women being more accepted in workplaces, but I still get odd looks every now and then when I tell people.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Good on you for being in a position to quit your job voluntarily.

I'm a network/systems engineer for a healthcare IT company.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Bean originator. My job is to go talk to the farmers in the area about their bean and yellow pea crops. Look at their fields after they have been planted to see if what needs to be done such as spraying weeds or putting copper down, etc.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I've been a high school science (mostly physics) teacher for the greater part of the last decade, but just finished my last year of teaching 2 weeks ago. I'm headed back to school for an MBA while being a part-time stay-at-home dad and substitute teaching whenever my friends need to miss a day of work and want someone who can teach the content in their stead. The funny thing is, I'm not actively looking for a job, but I am actively looking for some volunteer work to keep myself engaged, and I keep having job offers thrown at me. If I were actually looking for a job, it'd probably be famine.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] which EHR? No idea what's used in nursing homes.

Epic/Greenway/NextGen/Centricity/eCW/Something else

My company hosts Epic and NextGen; access is provided via Citrix XenApp.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
just RETIRED - past 14 years toilet paper warehouse - forklift driver , before 24 years private owned NAPA warehouse manager 3 million parts / 100,000 plus part #'s = 24 stores and 100 plus phone calls a day.
Had four job offers last two months , maybe winter time LOL

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Very interesting to see what every one does for a living.

I am a software product manager for a small tech company in VA.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I spent 9 years shooting and editing news and sports video for one of the local tv affiliates.

Been doing similar stuff in a news/pr/marketing role in the local athletics department for about 5 years now. No more 3am fires.

34596851583_6b50426038_z.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Top, best of luck to you buddy. I am sure you will find something. Forcing yourself to stay somewhere that makes you miserable is not fun at all and many do it. Much respect for walking away.

Ive been an intelligence analyst in the federal government for 16 years now.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Data, Analytics, and Problem Management analyst for a local corporation. Main role is creating data visualization to be easily looked at and defined, then leveraging those trends into proactive recommendations to change/fix potential issues within our technology dependent environments.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts