Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Job Search/What do you do for a living?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I am a industrial mechanic in a specialty chemical plant. Work on pumps, seals, agitators, and everything else that has to do nuts and bolts with chemical equipment.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It's crazy hearing you guys talk about 20+ years at a job and retiring. Most of you I thought were younger than that (I guess I just assumed everyone was mid 30s like me, lol).

I've been employed by Musco Sports Lighting for the past 9 1/2 years. Initially as in telecommunications as I managed all the employee cell phones. I then went to the Replacement parts department for our lighting systems.

3 1/2 years ago, I came to work at Mahaska Communication Group, a subsidiary of Musco Sports Lighting. We provide businesses and residents with internet/telephone/television in Oskaloosa. (Think Comcast/Mediacom/Cox Cable, but with way better customer service). We provide our services over a fiber-optic network.

lol well we all were much much younger when we first started talking on these message boards.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I worked as an Operations Geologist for an Independent Oil and Gas co for almost 8 years. When the bust hit in 2015 I didn't survive the cuts. I've been working as a Wellsite Geologist for the last year and a half. I spend most of my time out in the field chasing rigs in West Texas-SE NM.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Been getting paid to sniff Paint for the last 40 Years
giphy.gif

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Owned a couple of sport card stores for 18 years until rent and vanishing customers forced me to close in 2015.

Since then, have been working for a major online card/ memorabilia dealer doing his ebay listings, pricing, cataloging, organizing, product knowledge, shipping, payroll, customer service etc etc.

Pay isn't great but I manage.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Retail management for over 12 years, last 9+ with Target. I'm the guy that gets called after you yell at the poor girl at the service desk because we won't return your open blaster box because you didn't get who you wanted...that's a joke, but I have had it happen more than once.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I work here. Excellent pay, excellent benefits. But I work with ignorant hillbillies. I hate it. But it pays for a very nice life.

My wife is a 3rd grade teacher.

continental-tire-invests-244m-in-illinois-facility-35227_1.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Wine Broker

Spent the better part of last week tasting through the 2015 wines of the middle mosel. Great vintage, stock up if you have the space in your basement

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm a manager at a movie theatre. Best job I've ever had. I absolutely love it. It doesn't bother me working crazy hours and holidays. Plus, I am in the process of getting promoted to General Manager to run my own theatre. We're going to have to move, but my company pays for all of it. Plus the increase in pay will allow my wife to stay home with our girls. I really do love my job.

Members online