Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gleyber Torres to Have TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This wasn't really a head first slide like what injured Trout.
Torres collided with the catcher trying to dive for home plate and suffered a hyperextended elbow. Kind of like a quarterback diving into the endzone and getting clobbered.

I seen it, it wasnt feet first.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I dont know lol wasnt me, can we agree it was a dumb way to get to home plate?
Yes, I agree that it wasn't a smart move. And you've got to admire him going all out to try to score.
And it's not his throwing arm, so that's good. And he's only 20, so no rush.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Yes, I agree that it wasn't a smart move. And you've got to admire him going all out to try to score.
And it's not his throwing arm, so that's good. And he's only 20, so no rush.

Bummer here in yankeeville, was really looking forward to seeing him. He was so close.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm reading he's expected to be activated in time for ST, so that's something at least.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Gah, I was going to list a bunch of stuff last night including a nice Gleyber I picked up over the winter, but was so tired I decided to hold off till tomorrow. Oh well, mid-term becomes long-term hold. Hope he comes back good.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm reading he's expected to be activated in time for ST, so that's something at least.

yes, that surprised me it's not going to be a year+ on the DL. Maybe position players recover quicker because they don't throw as often or hard like pitchers do (only throwing as hard as a pitcher occasionally rather than regularly with every pitch).

Members online

Latest posts