Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Clayton Kershaw rejects obnoxious ball hog Zack Hample.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clayton Kershaw rejects obnoxious ball hog Zack Hample.

LOL, good for Kershaw.

ESPN -- Zack Hample, a fan who claims to have collected over 9,000 baseballs at Major League Baseball games, said Clayton Kershaw rejected his request for a special Father's Day ball Sunday.

Hample, who attended Sunday's Dodgers-Reds game in Cincinnati, claimed in a series of tweets that he asked Kershaw for one of the Father's Day baseballs, only to be turned down by the ace pitcher.

TWITTER - @zack_hample

Today I asked Clayton Kershaw if I could have a baseball. He said, "No, you got 7,000 of 'em." #rejected

...it was a blue Father's Day ball. I said, "It would mean so much to me," and Kershaw was like, "No, it wouldn't." <sigh> Still love him.

Hample, attempting to make a logical argument, also jabbed at Kershaw, saying that the star left-hander's "next paycheck shouldn't mean all that much to him, right?"

TWITTER - @zack_hample

...with that logic, Kershaw's next paycheck shouldn't mean all that much to him, right?

Hample made headlines in 2015 when he caught Alex Rodriguez's 3,000th hit -- a home run -- at Yankee Stadium and negotiated a compensation package from the Yankees in exchange for returning the ball to the now-retired slugger.

As part of the agreement, the Yankees donated $150,000 to a charity that Hample supports.

Hample, 39, also drew the ire of the 82nd Airborne Division last year when he sneaked into a game at Fort Bragg that was meant exclusively for military personnel.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this earlier. Makes me love Kershaw even more.

dj.miller
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    Saw this earlier. Makes me love Kershaw even more.
    Agreed. Love his response, "No, it wouldn't." - EPIC.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize he was 40. I thought he was much younger to be obsessed with a baseball

Sent from my LG-H811 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I didn't realize he was 40. I thought he was much younger to be obsessed with a baseball

Sent from my LG-H811 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    What's weirder, collecting baseballs at 40 or baseball cards?

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    What's weirder, collecting baseballs at 40 or baseball cards?

Ryan
    I wouldn't rip a card out of a kid's hand. Unless it was a Bickford of course
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I wouldn't rip a card out of a kid's hand. Unless it was a Bickford of course
    A Brandon Wood Super (insert whatever card you want of him) and the kid isn't surviving.

I know he has done some things people don't like, there is no denying that, but he has spent a lot of $ to enjoy his hobby, given a decent amount to charity and caught some pretty nice pieces. I don't lean all the way to I hate the guy land I guess.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    A Brandon Wood Super (insert whatever card you want of him) and the kid isn't surviving.

I know he has done some things people don't like, there is no denying that, but he has spent a lot of $ to enjoy his hobby, given a decent amount to charity and caught some pretty nice pieces. I don't lean all the way to I hate the guy land I guess.

Ryan
    Find me one person not knocking down a kid for a Brandon wood super. I'm not against the guy. He gets tons of hate on the ol Twitter, but who doesn't. I don't get denying kids a ball though. I got one mlb foul ball and gave it to a kid behind me. I've gotten several minor league balls and only kept one, from my daughter's first game