Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Series II Dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I mostly buy singles on eBay and very little Series II has hit for my guy, Marwin Gonzalez. Is anyone else seeing a lack of their guy or has Marwin just avoided the breakers so far?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I haven't seem much of the low-end inserts either.

I think most people nowadays send that type of stuff to COMC and it takes longer to process their incoming orders, so it won't show up til later...

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I still have seen next to nothing from Series II for Marwin. Not on eBay, COMC, Sportslots, anywhere.

Just a lack of luck having people pull his stuff or is Series II not doing well?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
There's a lot of it still on retail shelves from what I've seen.

make the price reasonable and I'll buy a couple of boxes. Since Judge should be overexposed in the product, the price may never get reasonable and I'll have to end up buying a h/c set instead of building one.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Topps Series 2 is on the back burner of the back burner's back burner. Buried under Museum ... and Tier One ... and Stadium Club ... and soon A&G and ....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Topps Series 2 is on the back burner of the back burner's back burner. Buried under Museum ... and Tier One ... and Stadium Club ... and soon A&G and ....

I tend to think it's market forces. $70+/36pk box for basic Topps flagship is crazy, IMHO. If it was the back burner of the back burner of the back burner, you'd think the price of the box would drop to move the product off the shelves but I guess dealers are content to keep it on their shelves at $70 since Judge is in it.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I finally found a Marwin parallel and might have the answer to why nothing is popping up on eBay. This is the Father's Day parallel. Anyone see the issue?

dfaf1b_7ed375df9a1e427a88d6801378394fee~mv2.webp

The picture makes it VERY difficult to see the blue. I'm wondering if the other parallels are equally faint on the Marwin cards.