Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs to option Schwarber to AAA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Just read that the Cubs are going to option Kyle Schwarber to Triple A.

This isn't a knock against the Cubs at all, but I've said for the last few years that I don't think Schwarber is that good of a baseball player.

I likened him to David Freese. He burst onto the scene is a HUUUUUUGE way, and then he'll regress after that, and be a mediocre player for the rest of his career.

I just don't see 'it' in him, and I didn't see 'it' in Freese either. Schwarber has all the power in the world when he connects with a baseball, but it seems like 85% of the time there's no connection.

Again, this isn't anti-Cubs. I'm not bashing anyone. Just trying to give an objective opinion. Kyle Schwarber = David Freese.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Not ready to determine what kind of MLB player he is with less than 600 PA's.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
He came in with a lot of hype and had an over head his post season. He is another Dave Kingman type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
With fans voting he could start. The fans voting for the ASG is just who has the biggest homers.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
With fans voting he could start. The fans voting for the ASG is just when has the biggest homers.

Fan voting is so stupid. I see morons on Twitter bragging they voted 5 times a day for everyone on their team. You can like the Giants, but if u vote Pence or Span you should b barred from voting for anything

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We've been spoiled with the trouts and Bryant's etc etc, most kids will experience these ups and downs. He's a solid player, he's got a lot of talent, a week or two in Iowa is fine. I'm a big Sox fan Jackie Bradley had a crazy start to his career, a guy like Michael Conforto comes to mind as well. There's nothing wrong with being a solid mlb player, sure the Cubs large fan base might throw things out of whack with dumb things like ASG voting but real fans have a good pulse on players true place. For what it's worth I'd trade places with David Freese all day everyday.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I guess Greg Maddux turned out to be a nobody! 1986 2 and 4 .ERA of 5.52 WAR of 0.0. 1987 6 and 14 ERA of 5.61 WAR of neg 0.4. They should have traded the BUM!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Iowa coming here to Round Rock this weekend, I believe. I think I'll have to go.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
With fans voting he could start. The fans voting for the ASG is just who has the biggest homers.

But it's mostly based on who won the WS the previous year...which is why every single position has a Cubs player top 3 in voting. I remember the year after the Royals won the WS Omar frigging Infante was winning by a large margin for the longest time (while having a lousy season like usual). I believe he actually did win but couldn't play (can't confirm this part).

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I never have, and never will dislike the fan voting for the ASG.

It's supposed to be a fun thing for the fans. That the entire idea.

I HATED the 'it matters' idea from the start though. It shouldn't matter. It's supposed to be a fun game for the fans to watch the players they voted I. And that's what it is. I don't care if the entire starting 9 are from one team.

I will say that I don't like that every team has to be represented.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I never have, and never will dislike the fan voting for the ASG.

It's supposed to be a fun thing for the fans. That the entire idea.

I HATED the 'it matters' idea from the start though. It shouldn't matter. It's supposed to be a fun game for the fans to watch the players they voted I. And that's what it is. I don't care if the entire starting 9 are from one team.

I will say that I don't like that every team has to be represented.

I agree with most of what you said.

<deleted text. [MENTION=1843]rob167[/MENTION] just notified me AS game no longer determines home field advantage so the drivel I was going on about no longer matters>

Then again, my 2 favorite teams haven't made the WS in over a decade and I rarely actually watch the AS game so it's not that big of deal for me anyway.

Last edited:

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I agree with most of what you said.

My biggest gripe with the All-Star game is the fact that it determines who gets home field advantage. This is my only reason for disliking fan voting because if the AS game could potentially affect the outcome of the World Series then only the best players should be representing the league.

However, as you said, the AS game is supposed to be something fun for the fans, therefor we should get the vote.

So I'm sort of divided on the concept of fan voting. A good way of fixing this is by doing away with this entire winner gets home field advantage situation. That way, we no longer need to worry about having the best players on the field.

Then again, my 2 favorite teams haven't made the WS in over a decade and I rarely actually watch the AS game so it's not that big of deal for me anyway.
Pretty sure, starting this season, the All-Star game no longer determines home field advantage for the World Series...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts