Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Urias :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Would hate to see any career ruined and this is always a risk with sports. I am a Dodger fan as well, so I wish the team well always.

On the flip side, this is the kind of thing that makes me crack a small smile on the collecting side. I tried to get a Urias autograph when they first came out to no avail. Unwilling to pay premium (prospector) prices, I waited and finally settled on an off brand one for the price I was willing to pay and equal to his accomplishments (which at the time were nothing). To me, a signature is a signature, although the major brand cards do tend to look better. This difficulty on my part in getting a nice autograph was solely due to speculation on the part of collectors and that is something about the hobby that bothers me still. I understand it, know it won't go away, but I can still watch with quiet satisfaction as people who drove prices up and are still holding their bounty start to panic as an event like this affects their "investment" in a negative manner.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Not a dodger fan, just a fan of the game.Hate seeing someone so young with great potential get hurt with a injury like that.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Would hate to see any career ruined and this is always a risk with sports. I am a Dodger fan as well, so I wish the team well always.

On the flip side, this is the kind of thing that makes me crack a small smile on the collecting side. I tried to get a Urias autograph when they first came out to no avail. Unwilling to pay premium (prospector) prices, I waited and finally settled on an off brand one for the price I was willing to pay and equal to his accomplishments (which at the time were nothing). To me, a signature is a signature, although the major brand cards do tend to look better. This difficulty on my part in getting a nice autograph was solely due to speculation on the part of collectors and that is something about the hobby that bothers me still. I understand it, know it won't go away, but I can still watch with quiet satisfaction as people who drove prices up and are still holding their bounty start to panic as an event like this affects their "investment" in a negative manner.

Never understood this personally. You are talking about two different types of collecting entirely. If you don't need to have the player's 1st BC auto, low numbered parallels or refractor/color autos then the supply of low end autos for the biggest names in the game are usually in abundance. Don't want to play the prospect game, then don't but why would you find satisfaction from people losing that increase demand in the hobby? There are many types of collectors in this hobby and I for one collect prospects and HOF players. Prospecting increases an interest in the game and it is very satisfying to find the next star in the game, especially when you find something that other collectors overlooked or did not chase initially. Anybody can take a wait and see approach before buying but that takes away a lot of the reward.

Members online