Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

my 1980 kellogs set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
When I was a kid I collected these from the boxes. A lot had bent and cracked. I had saved enough box toppers and sent away for the set. Well after the years I stopped collecting and someone stole them. Then I saw on e-bay a 1980 set still in the mailing box! Had to have it. I opened them all and they went right into a top loader to keep them from bending. I LOVE this set!
scan 2s 001.JPGscan 2s 002.JPG
scan 2s 003.JPGscan 2s 004.JPG
scan 2s 005.JPGscan 2s 006.JPG
scan 2s 007.JPGscan 2s 008.JPG
scan 2s 009.JPGscan 2s 010.JPG
scan 2s 011.JPGscan 2s 012.JPG
scan 2s 013.JPGscan 2s 014.JPG
scan 2s.JPG

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Great set!!

I always loved the Kellogg's sets for some reason. I remember having a pile of them but I left them in my dads car overnight and the temperature was down below zero. I went out to get them and didn't let them warm up and cracked every one of them. I had thought about assembling a few of the early sets but worried they would eventually crack again.

Are you going to look into getting any other Kellogg's sets?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those are some great looking cards, too bad they are so easily cracked. I have that set myself from when I was a kid. I have probably a 200 or so that I keep in a box. They are all curved, but I don't dare try to flatten them out at this point because they would almost certainly crack!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Great set!!

I always loved the Kellogg's sets for some reason. I remember having a pile of them but I left them in my dads car overnight and the temperature was down below zero. I went out to get them and didn't let them warm up and cracked every one of them. I had thought about assembling a few of the early sets but worried they would eventually crack again.

Are you going to look into getting any other Kellogg's sets?

I may do others but this one was a special one for me

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Those are some great looking cards, too bad they are so easily cracked. I have that set myself from when I was a kid. I have probably a 200 or so that I keep in a box. They are all curved, but I don't dare try to flatten them out at this point because they would almost certainly crack!

That's why they went right into top loaders right out of the package

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I just loved these as a kid. They were so different and felt different than normal cards. even smelled. lol. Anyone ever remember cracking packs of UC3 and that funky order that came from them?

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Not quite as adventurous as the set you put together, but I have a couple of small "Sportflics" Kellogg's sets from the early 90s. Though they don't have much value, they always have a place in my heart.

Members online