Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Membership Drive Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Why not invite them like on twitter and facebook. Offer like free stuff packs maybe spots on a case break just to get them in the door.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Why not invite them like on twitter and facebook. Offer like free stuff packs maybe spots on a case break just to get them in the door.

We post on both vehicles all the time to get people over. Mass give aways do not work at all. We have to be careful of what kind of user we attract as well.

Personally I think the best method is you guys telling your friends. I'm amazed every time I read a facebook group how many people don't know about FCB.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I was originally pointed in FCB's direction because I was looking for a way to piggyback a TPG sub once upon a time.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I found fcb from searching baseball cards on Google play. I try retweeting all tweets. I am going to look at starting a FB account only for cards. I'll suggest it to a few good dudes I trade with on Twitter

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I found fcb from searching baseball cards on Google play. I try retweeting all tweets. I am going to look at starting a FB account only for cards. I'll suggest it to a few good dudes I trade with on Twitter

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

I find that one on one interactions are the single best way to bring people on.

Tell people who you trade with what is going down.

OriginalEGG

Feb 6, 2017
Buy commercial spots that just run the first 45 seconds of this video

45 seconds of this video

I'll PM you my address so you know where to send the check after this idea increases your traffic by 1000% :)

Last edited:

OriginalEGG

Feb 6, 2017
A more serious (but not nearly as good) idea is to find some feel-good stories from interactions members have had on here. Do some kind of testimonial/summary/high quality video overview of what happened and how it was made possible because of the community on this forum.

While I personally found my way here from google search as well, when I first started collecting again, I looked for some youtube videos first. If I had come across a really nice video about two Griffey collectors, I probably would have found my way here first instead of one of the other forums that I found.

Beyond that, I don't know anything about SEO, but when I google "Baseball Card Forum", FCB doesn't even show up on the first page. Forums with way less activity do.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I was already aware of SCF & FCB's existence because any major drama/scam that happened on either site was posted in the Members Feedback Section (for awhile my favorite forum due to entertainment purposes) of Blowoutcards so after my 2nd & final banishment from BO I decided to check these sites out because I was still collecting cards & needed a place to obsessively post on a Braves team/collector thread. I signed up to both but never posted on SCF because there was nothing enticing enough to talk about. I just didn't like anything about it. FCB doesn't have the entertainment value that BO had with it's off-topic/member feedback sections, nor the large prospect following but much of the things I miss about BO that FCB doesn't quite have is due to the super volume of traffic BO receives. If I remember correctly they have something like a million members of something but I do know for sure they have more members than any other sports card forum. What I'm trying to get at is that I still enjoy FCB. In some ways I prefer how the site is designed. There are a group of members who are willing to crack jokes and have some fun with their comments, once in awhile somebody will create an entertaining topic that will continuously get response for a few days & we have Jaypers who does the daily prospect updates along with info on all Bowman products. So, if we can dramatically up the member count (web traffic) everything I just mentioned would improve dramatically & I truly believe FCB could be just as good as Blowoutcards.

I can e-mail my BO fantasy league with invites to FCB. A couple already are members but they just don't post much on here anymore.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Team up with comc and split a booth at bigger shows like national, east coast national, chantilly, fanatics, etc

DTA

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I was already aware of SCF & FCB's existence because any major drama/scam that happened on either site was posted in the Members Feedback Section (for awhile my favorite forum due to entertainment purposes) of Blowoutcards so after my 2nd & final banishment from BO I decided to check these sites out because I was still collecting cards & needed a place to obsessively post on a Braves team/collector thread. I signed up to both but never posted on SCF because there was nothing enticing enough to talk about. I just didn't like anything about it. FCB doesn't have the entertainment value that BO had with it's off-topic/member feedback sections, nor the large prospect following but much of the things I miss about BO that FCB doesn't quite have is due to the super volume of traffic BO receives. If I remember correctly they have something like a million members of something but I do know for sure they have more members than any other sports card forum. What I'm trying to get at is that I still enjoy FCB. In some ways I prefer how the site is designed. There are a group of members who are willing to crack jokes and have some fun with their comments, once in awhile somebody will create an entertaining topic that will continuously get response for a few days & we have Jaypers who does the daily prospect updates along with info on all Bowman products. So, if we can dramatically up the member count (web traffic) everything I just mentioned would improve dramatically & I truly believe FCB could be just as good as Blowoutcards.

I can e-mail my BO fantasy league with invites to FCB. A couple already are members but they just don't post much on here anymore.

I'd love it if you invited your friends.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
I'd love it if you invited your friends.

giphy.gif

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
First I'd have to make some friends....:(

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

completely off topic but we had 14 people show up for trivia night last night (usually have 6 or 7) and the guy was like sorry you have too many, youll have to split into two teams. I was like its not my fault the other people dont have more friends to invite. i said it jokingly of course.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
completely off topic but we had 14 people show up for trivia night last night (usually have 6 or 7) and the guy was like sorry you have too many, youll have to split into two teams. I was like its not my fault the other people dont have more friends to invite. i said it jokingly of course.

Now I miss going to trivia...and having friends....thanks... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online