Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NJPW G1 Special airing on AXS TV tonight. Here's my predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Tonight's a huge night for New Japan Pro Wrestling. They're running their very first show in the United States, and they've been in existence since the 70's. This will air live on AXS TV this evening, and all the matches will be commercial free.

Here are my predictions for the G1 Special in California.

🤘 ☠️ 🤘

-Bullet Club will go over Chaos and the Briscoe's in the opening match. The show is being held in what's basically the Young Buck's backyard, so I see them going over to open the show to get the crowd riled up.

- Los Ingobernables de Japon will go over the CMLL/NJPW combo.

-I'm really conflicted with my Jay Lethal vs Hangman Page pick. I want to choose Page, but I also want to pick Omega over Elgin later in the card, and I don't think they'll book Page vs Omega (both Bullet Club members) in the 2nd round of the tournament. I honestly WANT Hangman to win the tournament and get a huge push, but I'm going with Jay Lethal.

-Sabre over Juice. I don't really care too much about this match, but it has potential for some great sports.

-Kushida's team over Billy Gunn's team.

-Guerrilla's of Destiny over War Machine. I'm really excited for this match. I'm a huge fan of G.O.D. and think they'll put on an awesome physical match.

-Naito over Ishii. This match will be awesome.

-Omega over Elgin. The crowd will be insane for this match. They'll be so hot for Omega. I have to believe Kenny will go over. BUT Omega DID lose in the first round of the New Japan Cup just a few months ago, so......

-Okada defeats Cody Rhodes. I just can't see New Japan putting their title on Cody Rhodes, who isn't even under a real contract with them. If they refuse to put the title on Omega because he only wants to sign one year contracts at a time, I can't see them putting the title on a free agent. The Rainmaker goes over, then we get some sort of Bullet Club vs Chaos thing to end the show, a swerve, or a debut of some sort.

Last edited:

Members online