Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photobucket and new terms of service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I did a quick search for another thread on this topic but could not find one...wondering how others are dealing with new terms of service from Photobucket.

for me, the biggest one so far is that their free account no longer offers image linking so all the photos I have linked to FCB are now longer visible.

I have heard others use imgur or SCA but I have never tested them myself. personally, i'd like to use google photos but I don't think google has enabled image linking yet either.

curious how others who are impacted by this situation are handling - upgrading to paid PB service? moving to new provider?

thx in advance!

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I moved to google photos a while back when photobucket would no longer allow me to rearrange photos within an album.

I like google photos better, though it seems i end up uploading photos from my computer more often than linking now. I used to just copy and paste from the google photo albums, but that doesn't seem to be working now.

Dan

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just downloaded all of my pics to my computer, then deleted my albums. Guess I am done with photo bucket.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Is anyone gonna pay that crazy price of 399/year? I guess if you had thousands and thousands of photos on there, or if had had no backups, or if you had more money than time. I just don't see this move working out for PB. More likely: a handful of people pay, everyone else abandons the site in disgust. They won't even get site traffic to drive ad revenue anymore.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I use fcb albums. I edit the pictures beforehand and upload. most are for personal reference anyway but all are stored and shared when needed. no problems.
though it would be cool to organize a folder after all is uploaded. can that be done?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
My 'bucket is so out of date but still moving all of my scans is going to be a huge PITA. Probably going to use the FBC album, need to check it out....

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I logged onto Photo bucket the other day for the first time probably in 6-7 years-so horribly out of date but still scans that I need. Will probably switch over to Flickr in the near future, but will still be a pain in the neck.

I'm shocked Photobucket still hasn't backtracked on the decision yet with all the negative PR-people aren't actually paying them are they?!? Can't imagine a scenario where they come out on top of they don't reverse this

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I just noticed in my paypal account that periodically I get these $1 charges from photobucket. I just started using it again after nearly a year of inactivity but I feel like it would be a pain to move all my scans so I dunno, a couple dollars here and there is no skin off my back. I'm actually not even aware of what and how often they are charging me.

I keep hearing about people using Flickr and imgur these days so maybe I'll make the change just so that I'm up to date with the latest internet trends. But I'll need to figure out how to move my scans first because I've tried doing it in the past and couldn't. I'm relatively inept when it comes to computer stuff.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Imgur for now. seems ok. photobucket has all my pc scans. will be a pain to try and move them.

I mentioned it here on FCB before and I will say it again....

Regardless of what you use, buy a 32 or 64GB scandisk/usb or whatever it's called in your area and put all your scans in there. No matter what happens with the company you're using you have the same scan still. I learned from when Beckett screwed us all about loading the images and soon after, charged us to view the same images we just uploaded. Best investment you'll make in this hobby and it will save you a ton of time. Scan once and before you do anything with that scan, copy and paste to your brand spanking new USB/Scandisk and go on about your business.....

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Here is a before and now of what I use. All scans in your fingertips no matter what happens. The World Wide Web can collapse but as long as you have power in your house, you have access to your scans. Yippy!!!!!

attachment.php

I have almost 10K scans on my Passport and I can probably put another 100K and not worry about how much space I have left...

Last edited:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
It got worse and worse every year and I finally gave up on it in 2016. I tried sending someone a link to one of my albums and they said the site was literally unusable due to ads / popups / etc.

I used to love photobucket. Adding new scans was part of my ritual of getting a new card. I now scan it to my computer and no upload to anywhere. I probably have 10-15k individual cards scanned on there. Just gathering digital dust. Good riddance, they seem to have run off 99% of their user base and I suspect that a fee is not going to woo many of them back. I can view popups for free lots of places.

Members online