Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Let's talk about All Star Game rosters in 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It's funny (though understandable, from a stats perspective), that the NL Central leaders for more than half the year so far, only get a "gimme" rep; although Knebel might be the best closer ATM. Shaw is the only thing close to a snub on the Milwaukee roster.

Makes it all the more confusing to try and figure out why the Brewers keep winning.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I'm glad to see Smoak make the AS squad. He has been the lone bright spot this season. To think that his 2-yr contract extension signed last summer was met by a large groan from the Jay fan-base. This year his K-rate is way down and contact in the strike zone is up. Hopefully this season is not an aberration for Smoak.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
He's hitting .264 with only 32 rbi.
The All-Star game is about this year, not his past accomplishments. Arenado and Lamb dominate Bryant in every category. Bryant's own manager didn't pick him because he knows he doesn't deserve it, and he even said as so to ESPN.

He is right there with Lamb offensively, getting the nod on .OBP over Lamb. I would say they both deserve to be there and likely that is the way it is going to play out. Arenado was the easy starter choice, the guy is the best all around 3RD baseman in the NL once again this season. With regards to Bryant, if he is running down at this point in the season it may be be best for him and the team for the second half if he did not partake in the festivities.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A 20 point lead in average and 33 more RBIs for Lamb over Bryant are the difference makers. Most other stats are within 5-10% either way.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Very excited to see FOUR D-Backs make the All-Star team. It's been something like 15 years since this franchise last had that many All-Stars.

After digging a little further I found out that every season in which we had at least 3 players named to the All-Star game, we made it to the postseason.

Here's hoping that 2017 isn't the year to break that trend. Some well needed optimism during a series against the Dodgers in which I'll find it tough to have any.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I'm extremely glad for Ender. He's an all hustle player and a joy to watch. I would have liked to of seen Tyler Flowers make it but Yadi Mo is also deserving. My homer pic also had Brandon Phillips in but I like Harrisons stat line better and a Pirate has to be put on the team somewhere.

Hats off to the NL fans who did an amazing job voting based on results and not homer calls.

Ender was the right call to represent our Braves team in which Freeman was MIA for most of it. I used all 35 votes on him. Admire his spirit and love for the game. That D is fantastic too.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Mike Moustakas and Justin Turner just won the final vote.
Well deserved.

That means Wade Davis is the only Cub, and he wasn't even on the World Series team since he signed after the season.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
A ton of really young guys, particularly position players in the AL.

If MLB can market properly, we could be looking at a golden age for baseball over the next decade as there are so many great, young players.

Members online