Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please tell me someone here won this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Is a great card, the Ruth Quad Barrel is prob the card I would love to own , it was at least at one time, owned by a member here. I do wish they did a better job on the Evans here, but still a nice card.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I hear yeah and was thinking the same thing my friend. Watching it jump over $1000 and finish close to $1500 in the last 24 hours made it too rich for my blood :/

The winner bidder's EBay ID is a longtime Doerr buyer who I have battled over the years, but I still haven't figure out who it is. At least there's a possibility it went into a PC...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That is a ridiculous card, I would live to have it in my Sox collection, but what's the deal with the Dwight Evans portion? Couldn't put the whole name on there?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I hear yeah and was thinking the same thing my friend. Watching it jump over $1000 and finish close to $1500 in the last 24 hours made it too rich for my blood :/

The winner bidder's EBay ID is a longtime Doerr buyer who I have battled over the years, but I still haven't figure out who it is. At least there's a possibility it went into a PC...

Thanks,
Jeff

Dang, I was hoping it was you that won it Jeff!!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
That is a ridiculous card, I would live to have it in my Sox collection, but what's the deal with the Dwight Evans portion? Couldn't put the whole name on there?

Shhh, it's actually Darrell Evans bat barrel, but it worked better for this card so they cut it a little short...

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Dang, I was hoping it was you that won it Jeff!!

I wish James! Would be the Centerpiece of the collection for sure! Wish I knew who bought as well as would love to connect with him as he is definitely a Doerr collector.

That now makes two Doerr Bat Barrels which have appeared in the last few months. A 2016 Panini National Treasures appeared in a box break on Twitter in Jan but someone got to the dealer and bought it for their private collection before I could.

This hobby is fascinating sometimes...

Thanks,
Jeff

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula

Agreed. Of all the names on that, Topps couldn't spring for the entire Dewy? It's a great card but that really dings the appeal in my opinion.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The version with Garvey sold years ago for just under a grand. It was not a Garvey collector that won it as far as I could tell. Had Al Oliver as well but I don't remember the other two. There are too many folks with deep pockets who buy high end cards just because and they might not even care who is featured per se.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
What would be the estimated price if a person went out and bought a game-used bat of each one of these guys?

Members online