Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dak's auto pen saga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The falcons had a rookie having someone else sign his cards. Y dont players just say no if its that hard to do

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I too was surprised it made ESPN's "Headlines" section.

I can see the player messing this up, but for the agent to miss it, maybe twice, is really bad...

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
This is pretty big hobby news coming from one of the biggest young talents on "America's Team". I'll be interested to see how Dak and/or his representatives handle this publicly. Do you think Dak bought and set up the auto-pen machine for these cards, his agent did it with/without his approval or Panini just did it on their end? I highly doubt Panini would be that stupid but their QC people should have at least inspected the cards.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
This is pretty big hobby news coming from one of the biggest young talents on "America's Team". I'll be interested to see how Dak and/or his representatives handle this publicly. Do you think Dak bought and set up the auto-pen machine for these cards, his agent did it with/without his approval or Panini just did it on their end? I highly doubt Panini would be that stupid but their QC people should have at least inspected the cards.
"America's team" had a RB being investigated for domestic violence, one got arrested today for assault and their star QB may have scammed panini. They're garbage

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Honestly, it's all Dak's fault and doing I think.

I know blowout haters are pointing fingers at panini but that's expected there.

It was Dak or his team responsible for the auto penning, not Panini.

And no, Panini should NOT have checked his autos prior to packing out. It's not like that's the only auto subject in the product which would have taken a few minutes.

And again, no, the people responsible for inserting then into toploaders should NOT have been expected to notice it.

Do you think they actually know or care about it?

DTA

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Someone will take the fall for him. Dak will keep his golden boy status and people will continue to buy panini and it's guaranteed autographs....sadly

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
amazing that even the national media is picking up on the story!

With someone as big as Dak, I'm surprised Panini lazied out and just sent the cards to him to be signed rather than send the cards with a representative to witness the signings.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Dak did not invent the sports memorabilia scam. Panini hasn't been able to verify whether or not he actually received the cards, personally. Switch to decaf and grab a chill pill.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Dak did not invent the sports memorabilia scam. Panini hasn't been able to verify whether or not he actually received the cards, personally. Switch to decaf and grab a chill pill.
Easy to say unless u spent huge money for one. I think TTM autopen is one thing but if a company is paying u owe it to them to be legit

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Easy to say unless u spent huge money for one. I think TTM autopen is one thing but if a company is paying u owe it to them to be legit

True, I don't think it's a cool move, especially if Dak is proven to be culpable of obfuscating the process and terms of his contractual obligations with Panini; but let's see if his representation followed protocol, actually made sure the cards were in his possession, etc. before sending Dak to the gallows.

Hobby scamming is trash, but you've been around long enough to know it's a big part of the game.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
True, I don't think it's a cool move, especially if Dak is proven to be culpable of obfuscating the process and terms of his contractual obligations with Panini; but let's see if his representation followed protocol, actually made sure the cards were in his possession, etc. before sending Dak to the gallows.

Hobby scamming is trash, but you've been around long enough to know it's a big part of the game.
I think no matter what Dak is gonna be cleared of any wrong doing. Someone is taking the fall for it..no doubt in my mind

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Are there a lot of Florida Georgia Line collectors out there? Is there such a demand that they'd need an autopen? Is panini providing the auto pen?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
I never even heard of them until today. This really does make me think twice about buying any panini autos

Members online

Latest posts