Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How I see the 2017 MLB Post Season going down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I know we are just to the all star break, but the question came up on Quora and I did a write up there. Figured I would share it with you guys. Here is how I see the 2017 Post Season playing out...

It very well could be. Both teams look rock solid and are certainly contenders in 2017.

In the American League I see the Yankees surging past the rest of the east with hitters like Gary Sanchez back in the line up.

The Indians should win the central based on talent although KC is a quality club.

The Astros will continue to dominate the west and beat KC in a wild card series. The Yankees should beat the Indians in a nail biter and then fall to the Astros in the ALCS.

The National League side should see The Dodgers winning the west under the strength of NL Rookie of the year candidate Cody Bellinger, Future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw and Ace out of no where Alex Wood. The real hero here is Justin Turner who has an unbelievable slash line (384/472/569).

The Central will go to the Washington Nationals whom I believe to be the best team in baseball and the most likely to win multiple post season series. Having to face Sherzer and Stephen Strasburg back to back is going to make people think of the last Diamond Backs world series team running out Randy Johnson and Curt Shilling.

The Brewers will probably fall to the Cubs and lose the central. Honestly I don’t see how the Brewers are a first place team right now. The Cubs have the better talent.

The Brewers will also get left out of the playoffs as the Wild Card will come from the west in the form of The Diamondbacks.

Arizona then gives Washington a run but falls after a full 4 game series. The Dodgers then beat the Cubs but fall to the Nationals in the NLCS.

This sets up the Astros and the Nationals in the world series where I give the edge to your 2017 World Baseball Champion Washington Nationals. As a Braves fan I hate it.

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
dumb question , but did i miss something ? dioesn't baseball still have 2 wild card teams per league ? who would you have the royals taking down in the AL wild card game ? likewise for the diamondbacks in the NL ?

also , just to pick nits in case you wanted to make a few edits to your article on the other site....

The Central will go to the Washington Nationals (should be east)

and....

This sets up the Astros and the Nationals in the NLCS (should be world series)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
The Washington Nationals are definitely one of the most well rounded teams in the mlb however they do have a major weakness, that bullpen. Winning the division is a given this year however I'll continue to perceive them as that ball club who is generally really good every season but will end up choking in the first round for whatever reason. All that amazing talent during the regular season just falls apart completely. Sort of like the 90's-00's Braves ball club.

Until they manage to make it deep into the postseason for once I'll just always view them like that, regardless the amount of superstar talent they may have on any given season. I also want to clarify that my view of them has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Braves fan. In fact, the moment the Braves no longer have a shot at making the postseason I root for the Nats. I just don't expect them to get far. Maybe they need to focus on putting together a team that is completely lacking of big name superstars (trade Harper) but rather a bunch of relatively unknown or forgotten gritty sabermetric grinders like the Royals did and they'll finally win one. :)

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I see the Brewers calling up Bickford after he rehabs, he leads them to a world series title and i sell my pc for major profit and leave the hobby.

More realistic. Just no title for the red Sox or dodgers and just wait for gleyber next year

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I stopped by the Mandalay Bay last week to put a small wager on the Nats to win. We'll see.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
At least it wasnt another meme

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

49992859.jpg

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I don't see any way the Brewers stay in contention. They just don't have the talent. Cubs end up running away with the NL Central. Like someone mentioned above, the Nats bullpen will be what takes them out of the playoffs, just like the Giants last year. I think the D-backs (wildcard team) will play the Cubs for the pennant.

In the AL, I see the Yankees cooling off and the Red Sox winning that division. The Indians will probably win the central, but will be interesting what the Royals do at the trade deadline. I could unfortunately see them selling off at the deadline because of the small market team issues, but would like them to keep it together and try. I see the Astros and Cubs in the World Series.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Agree with most of Chris's teams. I think though like the first half of the season injuries will play a big part with all the top contenders. A lot can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Latest posts