Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you want your team to do at the deadline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
We're getting closer to one of the most exciting/disappointing/shocking days of the baseball year. Curious what everyone would like to see their team(s) do.

Yankees: NADA!! I've seen Heyman and others write articles about possible Yankee trades and I hate them all. I feel this team is ahead of schedule and if Gleyber, Bird and Kaprielian hadn't suffered injuries they'd be even further ahead. Just play out the season, make the playoffs? Great. Miss em? No one expected them to. Let it be

The Giants...just go the F away. I dunno if any team in history has ever been such a disappointment. They get their closer, become world series favorites and just take a crap of a season. Posey continues to be the best catcher in baseball but outside of him they can sell everyone but Bum

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I agree with what you said about the yankees. Cubs went through that scenario in 2015 when they were ahead of schedule, all the media was saying trade their young guys. Glad they didn't! It worked out for them!

With the Cubs, I don't want them to trade away a bunch of young guys, doesn't feel like their year this year. They're just middling around the .500 mark. I hate to say it but if they are 7+ games back on July 28, I'd almost say trade Wade Davis for a Gleyber Torres like deal, you're not resigning him anyways after his contract is up this year. Actually, do the same with Arrieta too. Not resigning him either with Boras wanting a Scherzer-like deal for Arrieta. Not saying trade young guys, but guys like thoe two who aren't going to be back, might as well get something in return and with the price of pitching these days.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'd be OK with Milwaukee getting a controllable starting pitcher with good periphs, but that's it. I'm talking Gray, not Quintana. Maybe if another team falls away and moves into seller mode, we could go shopping.

Bottom line: no rentals for a team that is unpredictably over-achieving.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Id like the Yankees to add a few arms for the bullpen. After watching Clippard implode again lastnight was horrible

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
D-Backs: Get a closer who is more focused on shutting down the game than practicing archery. Who does Rodney think he is? The Green Arrow? Well Rodney, you have failed this city.

Braves: Start calling up the youngsters
Agreed that another closer would be great, but I don't want to break the bank giving up too much. Add another consitent hitter would be great too.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'll be happy if Boston trades for Moustakas, then signs him to a 5 year extension by the end of the season. Now the Royals need to start losing again so he becomes available.

I wouldn't mind trading for a decent reliever, but I'd rather not because of Dombrowski's track record of that ::sigh::

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Heck, in all honesty we could just put Archie Bradley in the closer role. DFA Rodney (or trade him but doubt any team wants him) and pick up another decent bullpen arm.
I've wondered why AB isn't the closer. Rodney had overcome his big slump, but it looks like he is another now.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
Rockies: Move Cargo if possible for bullpen help, even if Cargo cannot be moved, get bullpen help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'll be happy if Boston trades for Moustakas, then signs him to a 5 year extension by the end of the season. Now the Royals need to start losing again so he becomes available.

I wouldn't mind trading for a decent reliever, but I'd rather not because of Dombrowski's track record of that ::sigh::

My only wish is that the Sox not trade for Frazier, I heard that thought and nearly cried. I'd be ok with Moose Tacos provided the price was ok, they've got two kids in Portland right now, one should move to Pawtucket soon so if they don't trade for a hot corner I'd be fine too.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
My only wish is that the Sox not trade for Frazier, I heard that thought and nearly cried. I'd be ok with Moose Tacos provided the price was ok, they've got two kids in Portland right now, one should move to Pawtucket soon so if they don't trade for a hot corner I'd be fine too.

Since Jun 3rd, Frazier has hit .269/.385/.583 with 9HR, not bad numbers at all. I wouldn't mind that.

I would prefer Moose though, I'm fairly certain that Chavis + Shawaryn would get it done, and maybe throw in Swihart before he has zero trade value left (ala Henry Owens). Royals seem to think they are a contender though LOL, so they might not trade him.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

I think the royals are really interesting right now. Started off awful but they have really come back. I wonder if they buy instead of sell hoping for one more run.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
IMHO the Royals are not sellers at this point, they are back in the hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think the price tag of prospects is going to be too high for the Toddfather. I have him on one of my fantasy teams I'm well aware that he has been much better over the past month or so. The cost in trade makes it not worth to be a rental, and honestly I'd rather see ownership spend money on something more than an overpriced third baseman...again...and put it somewhere else while the hot corner duo develops. To win a world series you don't need to be elite at every position, if third is the hole in the lineup they should be able to work through it if they are good enough.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think the price tag of prospects is going to be too high for the Toddfather. I have him on one of my fantasy teams I'm well aware that he has been much better over the past month or so. The cost in trade makes it not worth to be a rental, and honestly I'd rather see ownership spend money on something more than an overpriced third baseman...again...and put it somewhere else while the hot corner duo develops. To win a world series you don't need to be elite at every position, if third is the hole in the lineup they should be able to work through it if they are good enough.
That's exactly what Bobby Evans (Giants GM) said about their left field situation

Members online

Latest posts