Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JOSE QUINTANA TRADED TO THE CUBS FOR ELOY JIMENEZ/DYLAN CEASE/MATT ROSE & BRYANT FLETE

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cubs will regret this.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    The Cubs will regret this.
    Why? Their window to win is over the next few years and Eloy wasn't going to help with that....the Cubs lose both Lackey/Arrieta next season so now they have a solid #2 locked up for the next 3.5 years. Cubs definitely aren't equipped to build long term so they might as well use the last of their assets to get the best pitcher on the trade market this year...which will allow them to stay competitive over the near future. His contract is a bargain so they will be able to sign another free agent this offseason to fill a need. Good trade for both sides IMO.
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

-Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quintana 50-54 with a 3.52 ERA, 1.25 whip in 6 years. Decent numbers, but certainly not great. IMO the Sox came out ahead on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This trade shows how the buyer/seller ratio is skewed with the 2nd wildcard... not many teams want to sell, and the pitching market is extra thin = overpay.

Not sure if a team like the Yanks even has enough bridges to burn to go after pitching. (without regrets that is)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Why? Their window to win is over the next few years and Eloy wasn't going to help with that....the Cubs lose both Lackey/Arrieta next season so now they have a solid #2 locked up for the next 3.5 years. Cubs definitely aren't equipped to build long term so they might as well use the last of their assets to get the best pitcher on the trade market this year...which will allow them to stay competitive over the near future. His contract is a bargain so they will be able to sign another free agent this offseason to fill a need. Good trade for both sides IMO.
    I'm in no way saying Quintana is bad, because he's not. They got a solid pitcher for sure, and I understand why they got him, but I believe what they gave up will be far more productive over the long haul. Perhaps depressingly more productive.

Just a hunch.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Exactly! And Quintana's numbers should be better in the N.L. since he won't have to face the DH as much. Theo had to do something about the starting rotation that had to pitch an extra month last October, in addition to losing the 2 guys to FA.

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, his first start as a cub is opposite Wade Miley, which should mean run support in the upper 30's.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    I'm in no way saying Quintana is bad, because he's not. They got a solid pitcher for sure, and I understand why they got him, but I believe what they gave up will be far more productive over the long haul. Perhaps depressingly more productive.

Just a hunch.
    That's irrelevant if they win another WS over the next few years.

I'm not sure what the Cubs would do to fill 2 holes in their rotation this offseason had they not made this trade. I don't think they have the payroll space to add 2 $20m+ pitchers as well as any other holes they need to fill. Quintana is on a great contract.

Eloy might end up being a great player, but he hasn't played a game above A ball...so he's still got a ways to go before contributing to a ML roster.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnryno View Post
    Well, his first start as a cub is opposite Wade Miley, which should mean run support in the upper 30's.
    John Ryno? More like, John Wino!
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    John Ryno? More like, John Wino!
    I say sell what you know, and I know bout booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The winners might end up being Milwaukee. This unforseen success by the Brewers put the Cubs in panic mode. If those prospects were going to impact the future MLB roster for the Cubs, Milwaukee had a hand in reducing that impact.

I'm not saying it was the plan, but it's definitely an outcome of the Brewer's season.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

gogosox40
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjoey52 View Post
    Quintana 50-54 with a 3.52 ERA, 1.25 whip in 6 years. Decent numbers, but certainly not great. IMO the Sox came out ahead on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dont go by his win/loss record.
    Quintana went 50-54 with 65 no-decisions from 2012 through 2016.*

65 no decisions. Had a piss poor run support from my white sox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ================================================== ===============================================

Bucket: http://s879.photobucket.com/home/gogosox40/allalbums
    Collecting Chicago White Sox
    Looking for: 2006 Topps World Series Relics = Bobby jenks (Glove) & Carl Everett (Jersey) Cards.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gogosox40 View Post
    Dont go by his win/loss record.
    Quintana went 50-54 with 65 no-decisions from 2012 through 2016.*

65 no decisions. Had a piss poor run support from my white sox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    In my mind for the last four years he's quietly been one of the best & most consistent #2 pitchers in baseball. Never quiet an ace but he's knocking on the door. He has struggled this year but he is entering his prime years so it's still possible he becomes one.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubs debut: 7IP 3H 0ER 0BB 12K [W]

That performance seemed to quiet the haters lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)