Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone had this problem on Ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Must be that time of year on Ebay. Just received what I thought were plastics for fishing(only thing I have incoming) turned out to be a Power Floss Dental Water Jet. Guessing someone else got my tube baits. :mad:

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I think you need a 30 day return policy to get the now 10% off final value fees. I lowered it to 7 or 14 days for cards so it doesn't apply, market can change quickly and 30 days is too long. Even if you put down that you don't accept returns they can still open a dispute if they claim it's damaged or not what they ordered.

I think I jinxed myself. Since it was brought up here about selling and not accepting returns, I was able to start a return for my tube baits. A notice appears that the seller does not accept returns but that I am still protected under Ebay's guarantee. Contacted the seller before and they advised me to start a return so I can print the label via Ebay.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Since you include the option to accept returns it's pretty much a requirement to do so if someone asks for one, regardless the situation.

I've run across similar problems recently with a buyer telling me the card wasn't mint so he wanted a return. I list my cards as NrMt to Mint Condition (if there is a specific flaw I will mention it) so even if it wasn't Mint it would still fit my description. Despite this I accepted the return because if I had said no he would just open a case mentioning card not as described, e-bay would side with him (e-bay always sides with the buyer) and I'd be forced to issue a refund.

A couple weeks ago a buyer told me the SERIAL #d Jack Lamb refractor auto I sold him was damaged and he sent some blurry pictures of the corners where it was scratched up. I could have sworn it was in great condition before I sent it out but I knew that I had to refund him regardless. Once I got the card back I decided to inspect it before issuing the refund and turns out it wasn't even the same one I sold him, the frigging serial # was different! Of course I open a dispute and send e-bay both pictures of the card I sold him and the one I actually got back, including the serial # on the back. Less than 12 hours later I receive this response from e-bay:

We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund.
We understand that you received your item in a different condition than when you shipped it, but unfortunately we couldn't determine that this was caused by the buyer, or that this was something in the buyer's control.
A refund of US $62.70 was issued on Jul 6, 2017 to the buyer. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

WTF? You kidding me? So now I know e-bay will always side with the buyer and if you include the option to accept returns, you best bet if someone requests one, you are going to have to give one.

Call Ebay and talk to someone to explain this. This is unacceptable.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Not with cards, but selling old Vinyl Records for friends. Happened a couple different times selling multiple albums of the same band. I hate having to appraise the condition of subjective collectibles. And the vast majority of eBay members huff spray paint straight to the dome.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
This is why i only sell graded cards on ebay now and everything else on comc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might have to start doing this. Listed the rest of a huge stash and again there's that one buyer expecting gems. They were demanding 25% back for 4 cards that won't grade high. Asked if they were giving me a cut for the ones that do grade high later on... no reply.

Then I check their listings and they listed a gold they claimed had a heavy scratch and smudge with "Highly gradable" in the description. Called them out and they replied instantly. Item has been revised. :rolleyes:

Latest posts