Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Devers on his way to Pawtucket, Sandoval & Peralta released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Sources (lol) inside the Sox organization are telling me this AM that Devers will be in Pawtucket by Monday the latest.

Releasing Peralta yesterday and Sandoval today are meant to clear the way for him. Lin will stay with the club as the everyday 3rd baseman for now...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Or maybe he gets the call to Boston?

We don't know, because nothing's been confirmed as of yet.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think Devers to Pawtucket for a bit would make me happier but the thought that Sandoval isn't in their plan any longer makes me happy enough to along with just about anything.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Happy about the Devers promo, but I can take no joy in the other news.

Peralta we barely knew you...

Panda, oh what could have been. I thought it was a terrible signing at the time, but I had hope. In the end, it was just sad (and I am glad it was not my money).

Let the Lin-sanity continue! (for now anyway)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Was Pablo that bad in Boston? I haven't kept up with him at all other than the yearly "he looks like he lost 30lbs" the past couple spring trainings.

The word horrible comes to mind. Couldn't hit or field and always "injured". Sad way to go for such a fan favorite of a few years back (in SF).

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Was Pablo that bad in Boston? I haven't kept up with him at all other than the yearly "he looks like he lost 30lbs" the past couple spring trainings.

He finishes as the worst 3rd baseman in Red Sox history. -2.0 WAR in only 161 games over 3 years. Not ideal
4411b0e2f8d2f15369318ee103652e41.jpg

Thanks,
Jeff

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Yeah ironically Middlebrooks was being blocked on the Brewers lineup by Travis Shaw, who would look great at Third base right now. Thanks Dave D for trading him for a pitcher who won't even pitch this year! 🤦*♂️

Thanks,
Jeff