Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oddball Fernando Valenzuela/Dodgers item. Anyone seen one like it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I dug these out of the pile today and decided to list them on eBay. I did a quick internet search and didn't see any hits or images. It appears these were used in the LA School District to award kids who had good attendance for a month or perfect attendance for a year. Undated, but presumably while Fernando was popular (81-84 maybe). By the end of 90 he was gone from LA and I doubt they would use him for something like this after his departure.

The are about 5x7 in size.

Attachments

• IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5177.jpg
    IMG_5177.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 24

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I dug these out of the pile today and decided to list them on eBay. I did a quick internet search and didn't see any hits or images. It appears these were used in the LA School District to award kids who had good attendance for a month or perfect attendance for a year. Undated, but presumably while Fernando was popular (81-84 maybe). By the end of 90 he was gone from LA and I doubt they would use him for something like this after his departure.

The are about 5x7 in size.

You always have cool stuff.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
That's not Fernando, it's Erik Estrada in a Dodgers cap. My dad used to tell us it was "the Chips guy" when we were kids and went to see him pitch. Cool items.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
That's just a stereotype of a black male misunderstood.

...but it's still all good.

giphy.gif

Members online