Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can a printer scanner scan cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If it scan paper, it can scan cards... Keeping it protected or not is completely up to how careful you are and how surface sensative the card is.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
i think if you can, scan nude...if not, try and scan in a magnetic. i've found they give more crisp / clear scans than in a penny sleeve

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
i think if you can, scan nude...if not, try and scan in a magnetic. i've found they give more crisp / clear scans than in a penny sleeve

I think this may be because the magnetic allows more light in. Play around with them. Depending on the scanner some get nicer looking scans by scanning a card horizontally (and then turning the image in an editing program) or some turn out much better leaving the lid wide open in a darker room. You'd be surprised how the scans will change

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
If it's just for my pc scans, I scan nude. If I'm selling on ebay then I scan nude with a piece of black colored paper on top to give good contrast of edges/corners/centering. Then crop. Some cards with white borders with scan bad if you don't have the colored paper for the scanner to differentiate between the card and background. Scanning while it's in a top loader or something else, it'll pick up scratches and can be hard to see corners/edges.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

Definitely scan nude, but make sure you are home alone when you do so.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I have a decent Epson printer/scanner combo. It took me awhile to get the settings right, but all of the pics I post here are from that Epson.

I do scan lid-open, and my scanner is located in a closet with the door shut, so there is no light aside from the scanner. That makes the background pitch black, and the card seems to pop more.

Early next year I'm going to pick up a Canoscan 9000F. I've seen scans from those, and wow. Very nice looking.

I scan in penny sleeves, but it makes the edges a little harder to discern I guess, but I don't mind. If I were selling a card, I would take a bare scan.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Ryno lost his job for scanning in the nude

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I have a decent Epson printer/scanner combo. It took me awhile to get the settings right, but all of the pics I post here are from that Epson.

I do scan lid-open, and my scanner is located in a closet with the door shut, so there is no light aside from the scanner. That makes the background pitch black, and the card seems to pop more.

Early next year I'm going to pick up a Canoscan 9000F. I've seen scans from those, and wow. Very nice looking.

I scan in penny sleeves, but it makes the edges a little harder to discern I guess, but I don't mind. If I were selling a card, I would take a bare scan.
I just throw a black t shirt over the top

Members online