Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1967 Topps High Numbers - What was your toughest card to find?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Topps

Sep 8, 2015
Every '67 Topps collector has a different story about their toughest card. What was yours? A clean, affordable Shellenback is eluding me.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
I don't know how hard those are but I have been working on a 62 Post Cereal set for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
1967 Topps is an awesome set but I'm not collecting the whole set, just the Phillies cards from it. The toughest card? Well I still need 4 Phillies cards that are in the 500's, and 3 of them are SP's. The toughest one would be #560, the Jim Bunning SP. He had a pretty good career and is currently a Senator of Ky. I beleive.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
1967 Topps is an awesome set but I'm not collecting the whole set, just the Phillies cards from it. The toughest card? Well I still need 4 Phillies cards that are in the 500's, and 3 of them are SP's. The toughest one would be #560, the Jim Bunning SP.
He had a pretty good career and is currently a Senator of Ky. I beleive.
He's a Hall of Famer and died in May.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Never collected that set, don't plan to, but I am still working on 2016 Heritage.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm noticing a ton of "reprint" Seaver rookies out there, which seem obviously intended as counterfeits (not marked, being sold by "well this doesn't say reprint so it might be real but I'm saying it's a reprint"). The Norm Cash and Red Sox TC are on my want list, not tough to find, but hard to find cheap!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Speaking on 1967 High #'s, I found a lot of 1967s in an antique shop in Putnam CT last year. Several High #'s included, a few DPs, but also a few SPs, all in NM shape. Gorgeous cards, I remember a Joe Ad**** that looked pack fresh. Did real well on ebay, for a $20 investment.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I do not put full sets together, but I'd say that the Brooks Robinson (although not hard to find) would have been my hardest to get. I wanted it so badly since I was a kid because it was hard to get, but never wanted to pay the price for one until much later in life.

I would still like to add several other 67 Hi#s, but still not willing to pay the premiums.

That leads me to think about a 66T Hi# that I want as well, but just can't pony up the crazy bucks this card brings...Grant Jackson/Bart Shirley SP!!

67Topps

Sep 8, 2015
I'm seeing those fakes too. There are so many counterfeit Seavers that I think I'm going to have to shell out for a PSA.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think that Cash and the Red Sox team were the toughest and last couple of cards for me to find at a decent price in the shape I wanted, when I put the set together.

Members online

Latest posts