Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

J.D. Martinez Traded to the Diamondbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. Return not yet known.

Jeff Passan‏ @JeffPassan
Source: J.D. Martinez is headed to the Arizona Diamondbacks. First mentioned close by @jonmorosi.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Awesome to see them really going for it. The West is strong this year with two obvious exceptions

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's official. AZ wins this trade. What a mediocre return.

Nick Piecoro‏ @nickpiecoro
Dbacks are sending prospects Dawel Lugo, Sergio Alcantara and Jose King to the Tigers in exchange for J.D. Martinez.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This is some of the best news I've heard all year! Think of the amount of home runs he could hit at Chase Field.

We basically got him for nothing. Why would the Tigers accept such a silly offer?

Either way, it's been a LONG time since a D-Backs GM has owned another ball club in a trade.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's the kind of rental trade that could be worth it, maybe that dry desert air will help keep him healthy and he will resign with them

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice. The DBax have been hammered for a lot of trades they have done, unfairly at times based on how they actually worked out, but this seems nice off the bat.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
When it comes to the D-Backs farm system the only prospects worth a damn to me are Cody Reed, Duplantier, Pavin Smith & Drew Ellis. You can mix & match a package with any of the rest and the value (or lack thereof) looks the same.

Scouts who put together these top 100 lists seem to like Banda but I just don't see it. His name carries some value simply because he makes those lists.

Members online

Latest posts