Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking to buy a autograph baseball.....but who?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamebird

Jul 12, 2017
Looking to buy one of these guys autographed baseball.....who would you get?

Mickey Mantle

Joe DiMaggio

Ted Williams

looking to get each one as long as my budget will allow, so, wondering which you would get first.....or, someone else. Budget is around $500.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Teddy. Best player in that group.

All 3 are forged quite a bit. Make sure you get one certified by a big company (UDA, PSA, JSA). It's not fool proof, but it'll save you lots of aggravation.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I'd be pretty happy with any of the 3. Like goob said, get one from a reputable grading.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Of those guys probably Mantle, although the number of auto fakes he has might be higher than any other player... so watch out.

Since we are in the 2nd-5th best all time "almost Babe Ruth tier" of player, I'd throw Lou Gehrig into the mix and pick him.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Since we are in the 2nd-5th best all time "almost Babe Ruth tier" of player, I'd throw Lou Gehrig into the mix and pick him.
If you know where to find an authentic Lou Gehrig autographed ball that's within the OP's $500 budget, please tell us.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A legit Dimaggio and Williams will be in the 300-350 range for a clean one , maybe a lil more of its got jersey # inscription or anything. Mantle will be more $400 ish. If you hold out, do research and by non-authenticated you prob would save $250-300 on all 3, but then you'll pay that much in Authentication fees if you wanted them done at some point.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If you know where to find an authentic Lou Gehrig autographed ball that's within the OP's $500 budget, please tell us.

QFT

I'm also in the "anyone of those three" camp. I find all three of them interesting in their own way and would love to own an auto'd ball from any one of them.

My advice- search and search for all three and don't pull the trigger till you find a beauty with great eye appeal. These aren't needles in a haystack, sift through till you find one that pops. And also- like everyone else already said buy an authenticated ball

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
This is a ball my mife got from her grandfather who was from Chicago.. from the All-Star game..

joe-d.jpg

dizz-d.jpg

lou-g.jpg

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Search net54

They have guys that are in my opinion better eyes than PSA/JSA/SCG and will allow you to pick up a nice copy that's less than 3rd part authenticated.

Look for a sig that is "early" instead of their "show" days. All three have a gorgeous signature but each has an even better version from the 40s and 50s.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Look for a sig that is "early" instead of their "show" days. All three have a gorgeous signature but each has an even better version from the 40s and 50s.
Good luck finding an authentic vintage '40s or '50s signed ball of one of those three within the OP's $500 budget.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
If you don't mind a ball that is not single signed you can definitely find. I have 2 WWII themed baseballs with Williams that were both $500 or less, both are from that period of time and both have many other significant players who were involved in WWII.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If you don't mind a ball that is not single signed you can definitely find. I have 2 WWII themed baseballs with Williams that were both $500 or less, both are from that period of time and both have many other significant players who were involved in WWII.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Exactly, and if you buy reputable and search hard you'll find pieces that aren't attached to $150 PSA fees.

It can be done, depends on how bad you want to wait.

Members online