Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the Red Sox add a slugger by the deadline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
To keep them a step up in the division they need a power hitter.. not signing Encarnacion in the offseason was a big mistake. They are a good hitting team but with nobody having more than 17 homers they lack getting those one swing RBI's. obviously I don't want to see them mortgage more of the future but we need help!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Sox seem to be pretty good at manufacturing runs with speed and timely singles and doubles. Not sure that they NEED a slugger, but you're correct a general downturn of team power is noticeable. Pedroia only has like 5 HRs. How much would it cost to bring Ortiz back for 6 weeks?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
yes they have been able to manufacture runs.. but constantly leaving men on base due to power outage is frustrating and costs them quite a few games. Donaldson would be awesome as they need a 3rd baseman anyway and a right handed power hitter also a plus in Fenway. maybe a change of scenery would get him back on track.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Devers may get a September call up with how fast he is progressing.. but a big feared bat needs to be inserted in the lineup ASAP

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Devers may get a September call up with how fast he is progressing.. but a big feared bat needs to be inserted in the lineup ASAP
I certainly hope so

65d7722ffc9bca08afa89d9037681711.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'd find it hard to believe the Jays trade Donaldson within the division for anything that doesn't hurt the Sox as much as Donaldson could help.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Not that I'm in panic mode or anything, but how funny WOULD it be if Milwaukee traded Shaw back to the Red Sox?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not opposed trading prospects to get a proven talent, I don't like rentals but it's part of the business. I've said it in other threads, I don't think they NEED to add a slugger or a third baseman. They are 5th in the AL in runs scored and 5th in MLB in run differential, seems ok to me. If they could get Moose Tacos for a decent deal I'd like that. I despise Machado but I'd trade Devers for him tonight. But I don't think anything needs to be done. A few small trade for some depth, maybe another great bullpen arm to pair with Tyler Thornburg, but overall I think this team can win.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I want to see them get a right handed bat.. alot of lefties already in the lineup and they need someone who can take advantage of the Monster. Machado or Donaldson would be ridiculous since it would fill the void at 3B but not realistic since both would be coming from teams in the division.

Members online