Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do u recycle bubble mailers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
For a while now I've been reusing bubble mailers. I get a package, cut the top off and when I use it I just tape the heck out of the top. Ive been doing that for maybe 3 years with zero complaints but I've had a few smart ass comments along the lines of how cheap I am, how can I afford to collect cards. I'm just curious if anyone else does this because I never get reused packaging

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I don't reuse mailers but I save all the decoy cards, cardboard, team bags etc that I get to send back out.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Absolutely. "Cheap" is not taking care of the dinner check with friends/family, not paying for the next round, tipping 5%... Reuse/recycling is smart and responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I don't see any reason for bubble mailers to be considered one time use. Very wasteful IMO

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
if it's like new:

my address not handwritten on the mailer
the label is not a full length sticky one but rather paper taped around the edges to the mailer
I don't tear the flap while carefully peeling it open so the flap looks like-new

I'll reuse it

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
How about this...would u get upset about receiving a reused mailer?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Whaaat? Who complains about that? I do that **** all the time. I peel the old label off and tape the new one on.

I don't receive used mailers often, but I don't mind at all.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
I do. Every. Single. Time. I even state in my listing's description that I will be mailing the card in a used bubble mailer. If someone wants their card shipped in a brand new bubble mailer, I'll be happy to oblige for an extra $1.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
Isn't the whole idea to receive the card safely and in great condition? Used bubble mailer or new it's how you protect the card(s) that really matters in my mind. So I reuse them all the time but make sure the cards inside are well protected. I receive obvious reused mailers and I'm just excited that my item has come!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't, but as long as the condition is ok, I say re-use away.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
I don't see any reason for bubble mailers to be considered one time use. Very wasteful IMO

giphy.gif

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
If they look clean enough I reuse them - I'm in California - we recycle everything!

I'll reuse any thing that is still clean. Packing tape renders top loaders unusable, but much of it is clean - why not?

High value stuff gets new clean supplies - but that is usually the way I stop it, not that I move it before sale.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
I do the same with the bubble mailers for transaction not done on ebay.
However, with ebay sells I always "reuse" a bubble mailer and place it inside a new mailer for the extra protection.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have no issue with receiving recycled anything, as long as it protects the item I am receiving. It bothers me a little when it is so tape heavy that I risk damage even trying to open the damn thing, but it is a minor complaint at most.

If I were sending out a lot of stuff, I would reuse anything that was worth reusing. I do save just about all supplies, even though I am not sure why. I have boxes and boxes of used crap and even some new stuff that I don't use at all (semi-rigid holder for example). I guess I figure I WILL USE, SELL, TRADE OR GIVE IT ALL AWAY some day. meanwhile, I am storing it as clutter at my residence!

On a somewhat related note, I had been stocking away junk cards in a box in my garage with the intention of bringing them to my favorite shop. He gives away card boxes to people/kids with purchase and often even w/o purchase. There were several thousand cards there, maybe between 5-10K. It was picked through junk, maybe 90s to early 00s, with an occasional newer or older card and a few minor stars/fan favorites. I decided to recycle them as I had not been down to the shop in a while and don't see me having time during the day for a while. It's about a 80 mile round trip, so I used to go during the work day when I had time and every once in a great while my boys and I would road trip a weekend visit.

anyway, I decide to toss them on craigslist for free, not expecting a whole lot. I placed an add for free curbside pick-up, took a few shots of the box, gave dimensions, told where the box would be and said I would field no questions. First come, first served. I didn't watch it closely, but my wife had come back from an errand after I posted and gave me grief about leaving a box on the curb with "FREE" on it (we live in a neighborhood on a cul-d-sac so there is very little drive by traffic). By the time I looked again, they were gone! It could not have been more than 1 hour.

If you guys are looking to dump off cards, even junk, give that a try first before burning, burying or recycling them! I have heard a lot of stories online about people complaining that nobody wants junk cards. maybe it is area dependent, but for me, it was quick and easy.