Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Birmingham Barons All Decade Best? 2 different production years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forester7

Mar 5, 2011
I see that Beckett lists the Birmingham Barons All Decade Best set in 2 years (1989 and 1990). Their card listings seem identical, and I cannot see production dates on the cards I have seen. Is it possible that Beckett has erred and there is only one set in one of those 2 years listed?

Pingboy333

Mar 12, 2011
Pelham, AL
The Birmingham Barons All Decade Best set was issued in 1990 and featured players from the 80's. I actually worked on the production of this set for the Barons and Best. 1990 was the year Frank Thomas came to he Barons and we were using him on everything from programs to cards, but not in this issue. Hope that helps.

forester7

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks for the reply. It is really interesting to find someone on this forum actually involved with making the set. So Beckett is not right in listing a 1989 version of that set also?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The Birmingham Barons All Decade Best set was issued in 1990 and featured players from the 80's. I actually worked on the production of this set for the Barons and Best. 1990 was the year Frank Thomas came to he Barons and we were using him on everything from programs to cards, but not in this issue. Hope that helps.

I particularly collect Frank B'ham Barons materials; do you have anything to share?

Members online