Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAFAEL DEVERS CALLED UP TO THE RED SOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
When it comes to highly hyped top 10 prospects with plus power like Devers in all honesty the sky is the limit. He could pull a Bellinger and base autos could end up in the $400-$500 range. Even higher if he does something significant in the postseason (assuming the Red Sox make it).

I'm not saying this will happen, in fact I don't expect it to happen (I never expect this much out of any prospect) but that's the sort of ceiling you've got with young power hitters on large market teams.

yeah, but it's raw and it costs a fortune to get cards graded up here in Canada. Like Beckett is $20-$30 for 1 card...then he does a bulk submission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
4-4 tonight with a 2 out RBI to boot, and a double. 20 years old. Hitting .417 so far and playing nice D. What's not to be excited about here? Sure it's only 5 games, but 10 for 24 with 2 doubles, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 3 BB, 4 R.

Saw his jersey # orange ref NON auto from 2015 Bowman (not even his 1st orange ref), graded PSA 10, got $900. [MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] -- did you list that green auto?? Might want to.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
4-4 tonight with a 2 out RBI to boot, and a double. 20 years old. Hitting .417 so far and playing nice D. What's not to be excited about here? Sure it's only 5 games, but 10 for 24 with 2 doubles, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 3 BB, 4 R.

Saw his jersey # orange ref NON auto from 2015 Bowman (not even his 1st orange ref), graded PSA 10, got $900. [MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] -- did you list that green auto?? Might want to.

Saw a graphic during the game, he is one of just 5 players to have a 4 hit game for the red Sox before turning 21. Two of the other four players were Babe Ruth and Ted Williams...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

It's up right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Saw a graphic during the game, he is one of just 5 players to have a 4 hit game for the red Sox before turning 21. Two of the other four players were Babe Ruth and Ted Williams...

And Tony C! Good company

What impresses me most is how hard he hits the ball.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
He knows how to barrel it that is for sure. If the pitching can hold up they are a dangerous team. I wish sale could pitch every day

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
So I went looking through my Beckett organize to find a value on a kopech Sterling auto I had and saw I had a Devers BC auto in there and I have no recollection of buying, went and checked my box and sure enough, somewhere along the line I picked one up and totally forgot about. Best surprise I've had in a looong time!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Devers HR tonight off Chapman's 102.8 mph fastball is the fastest pitch ever on record to have gotten hit for a home run. And a meaningful HR too-- tied game 2-2 in 9th.

Not bad for a 20 year old kid playing away in New York for the first time.

Chapman hadn't given up a HR to a lefty in two years...

#GoSox :)

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Devers HR tonight off Chapman's 102.8 mph fastball is the fastest pitch ever on record to have gotten hit for a home run. And a meaningful HR too-- tied game 2-2 in 9th.

Not bad for a 20 year old kid playing away in New York for the first time.

Chapman hadn't given up a HR to a lefty in two years...

#GoSox :)

First HR given up by Chapman this year too. Huge home run, Devers is more polished than your typical 20 year old.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was watching the game but had to go to bed, and I'm glad I decided to stay up for just one more inning. That at-bat against Chapman was pretty awesome. Chapman overwhelmed Ramirez, and the first pitch to Devers left Devers with a look on his face like,"I don't know what I'm seeing but I've never seen it before." I think it was two pitches later he just decided to swing hard and high and that was it. I was high on Devers all summer but didn't actually buy anything till he was called up, rather perversely. I'm amazed there doesn't seem to be a huge rush on his stuff right now.

RockHillCards

Aug 6, 2017
May be time to list this. Picked it up from a local guy. Im well aware of the thread about this card. He showed me when i bought it. He sold it fairly cheap because he left the hobby.

Message_1502301784843-1.jpg

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I love this kid. Whatever negativity Price brought to the clubhouse, Devers has drown out with his youthful, smiley enthusiasm and talented performance. The results are truly impressive.

Nunez is proving to be an incredibly smart move also.

Can't wait to see Chavis up in September. Well, here's hoping... :)

#GoSox!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
May be time to list this. Picked it up from a local guy. Im well aware of the thread about this card. He showed me when i bought it. He sold it fairly cheap because he left the hobby.

View attachment 72032

I'd be interested. I'm high on him right now, and enjoying it, and thinking about the future. Rough times are inevitable in any career, but I just keep thinking,"He's only 20."

Members online